cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment reference (KIDNO) filed not visible in Payment transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently facing an issue regarding payment reference field in F-53 and F-28 Payment Transactions.

We have implemented SAP Note: 2032814 and UTR Manual activities. We have also made payment reference filed optional both in FSV and posting key level. However, we still unable to get this field for input.

The requirement is 22 Digit UTR number will be input into this field while making payment so that the same can be reconciled in EBS.

Please advise what step i am missing here.

Thanks,

AJ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.J,

Here is the solution.

Once you are in F-53 for making payment. Just proceed with your normal steps and assign the open item.

Now, Click on simulate and double click on vendor debit line item. There you will see Payment reference field (KIDNO).

Note that it is not available in the first screen of F-53.

You may follow the same process for F-28 and it should work.

Thanks,

Siva Cheruvu

PS - If your issue is resolved, please mark the thread as closed so that others in the community can benefit from the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

It worked. Thank you for ur assistance. However, for F-28, the payment ref field is in display mode. How can we make it to enter the value.

Regards,

AJ.

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

Please share the screenshot

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

Please find the screenshot below.

1. F-28 Filed is in Display mode

2. F-53 Field is in Editable mode

We want to have the field to be editable in F-28.

Thanks,

AJ..

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

Please check Field status in ob41 for posting key 15 and also field status group of customer recon account.

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aj,

If it is not for the account it should be the field status at your posting key. Please check and your issue will be completely resolved.

Regards,

Siva Cheruvu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made Filed status as Optional both at Posting key 15 level and FSG for Recon Account. Still the field is in Display mode. Any other setting we need to make?

Thanks,

AJ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not getting Payment Ref field for Bank Outgoing and Incoming GL posting line also.

As we need to reconcile the Statement we should update the UTR number in Bank line item also. However, the filed is not appearing. I have made field optional at posting key 40 & 50 and at FSG level also.

Anything i am missing here.

Thanks,

AJ..

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

As mentioned above, if your requirement is to populate payment reference value from invoice to clearing document posted via F-28 / F-53 you can refer below link for required configuration steps. With this config you can auto-populate values in F-28 / F-53.

How to Populate value of a field from cleared document to clearing document?

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AJ,

Please check if the line item layout rules in O7v1 and O7Z1 helps.

Thanks,

Siva Cheruvu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure GL FSG, OB41 FSG have Payment Reference as Obligatory or Optional, whatever the requirement.

Then, choose the 'G071' Recon.Account (KIDNO / Foreign Payment) as FSG for Vendor Recon Account in GL master data.

Then it'll help and it'll get visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made FSG and OB41 field status as Optional for Bank Account GL and Posting key 40 & 50. However, we are still not able to see the Payment ref field while posting Payment transaction.

1. Outgoing payment posting F-53 does not show payment ref field:

2. FSG for Bank GL set as optional.

3. Posting key FSG also set as optional for 40 and 50.

Are we missing any step here or do we have any other control for this.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

AJ..

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

Please check tab "More data" for GL line item

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aniket,

Yes, i am able to see it now in More data tab.  Thank you so much for your assistance.

Regards,

AJ.

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

Did you change the field status of posting keys 11 and 21 in ob41 or you did changes for other posting keys?

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

Yes, I have changed the status of posting keys 11, 21, 05, 08, 36, 38, 26, 27, 28 and other payment relevant keys to optional for payment reference field. Still not getting the filed for input.

Please see the screen shot above.

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AJ

Could you please check in transaction FB01, if you can enter payment reference value for customer account. If you can enter value in FB01 then all configuration for payment reference field is good. You can not have KIDNO as modifiable field in transaction F-53 / F-28.

However, if your requirement is to populate payment reference value from invoice to clearing document posted via F-28 / F-53 you can refer below link for required configuration steps.

Regards

Aniket