SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection Notification randomly picks the connection object which is not desirable according to business requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

We are using SAP standard program to create the disconnection document and then the disconnection order and then the disconnection notification.

For example, we created a disconnection document #123.  This disconnection document finds 2 devices as its disconnection object - device E is a electric meter and device W is a water meter.  In most of the cases, one contract account has both electric meter and water meter and they are located in same premise (i.e. same connection object).  However, a few contract accounts have device E in premise A and device W in premise B.  In this case, our business requirement is to go to premise A to disconnect the electric meter instead of going to premise B to disconnect the water meter (as we only collect water bills on behalf of the City and we do not have rights to turn off the water).

We are using workflow, which calls the standard business object DISCONNECT-> method DARKCREATEOFDCORDER to create the disconnection order.  This "method" eventually calls a FM "ISU_DISCDOC_CREATE_NOTIFIC" to create the disconnection notification.  This function module performs a subroutine "order_get_bzgobj".  This subroutine finds all equipments' functional location and their respective connection objects (from view V_EGPL) and randomly picks the first connection object on the list as the connection object of the notification.   In this case, premise B's connection object is picked and saved in ILOA table. 

Any idea how other companies deal with this type of situation?  Is there a place where I can put user exit with the custom logic in order to pick the most desirable connection object for disconnection notification? 

Thanks.

Jennifer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

The ideal location for the custom logic will be at the first step i.e. creation of disconnection document.

Try function module ISU_DISCDOC_BOL_CREATE_DISCDOC and see if you can have the logic of picking only the electricity device for disconnection.

While creating a disconnection document we need a reference object. In your case it can be premise.

Regards,
Rahul

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

The ideal location for the custom logic will be at the first step i.e. creation of disconnection document.

Try function module ISU_DISCDOC_BOL_CREATE_DISCDOC and see if you can have the logic of picking only the electricity device for disconnection.

While creating a disconnection document we need a reference object. In your case it can be premise.

Regards,
Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you very much for your reply!  I will definitely give it a try. 

Sincerely,

Jennifer

0 Kudos

I would like to share the answer from SAP with everyone.

"You could use BADI ISU_SERVORD_EDCN , Method SET_ORDERCODE_DISCONNECT."