cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple enhancements on the same ECC extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

Can multiple enhancements be done on the same extractor by different BW developers from separated BW systems connecting to a single ECC system. How does it work?

JH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First point: i think you can only have 1 structure for a datasource (so it is not BW-ssytem dependant), so the only thing you can make 'variable' is the coding.

You can off course enhance the DS with 10 fields, the first 5 being relevant for BW1, the other for BW2 for example

In order to have the codig separate, you can probably extend the pretty common principle where you don't code in the user-exit directly (in the ZXRSAU* programs or BAPI's depending on which technology you're using), but where you do it in a function module that you call dynamically in the user exit.

Calling the FM dynamically is done via a read in a Z-table where you maintain the link between the datasource and the FM to be called. You just need to enhance this concept by including the BW logical system name in the key of that z-table

Hope this somewhat clear.

This document gives you and idea about how to dynamically call the FM (although they use a hardcoded concatenation, should be pretty simple to replace this with a Z-table lookup). Might be better document for this though, first i could find

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90705d9d-1a85-2d10-6e81-bc76e87fc...

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there's another (official) how to out there (here actually) which uses generic programs (instead of function modules)... not being a fan of Z-tables, I prefer the official way