cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple role config keys in one Business role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario: Need to configure ITSM (Incident Management) for 2 separate products (ECC support and Mobile apps support). So created two transaction types ZMIN and ZFIN with different set of UI-screen fields. When user tries to create any incident, the system prompts for ZMIN of ZFIN.

Our requirement: During incident creation, the system should display the screen/fields that are configured for the chosen transaction type. We don't want to make the user choose a business role when he log-in. In other words the role-config key (UI screens) should dynamically get chosen based on the transaction type selected while creating the incident.

I have created two business roles for the ZMIN and ZFIN with respective role-config key. The screens and workflows are working absolutely fine when tested individually.

How do i go about achieving this objective. We are on Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 12.

Best Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Check the below document which I have published to address your issue.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

That's a very wonderful document. It did help me understand & fix certain things I had missed initially.

My actual challenge is how to automatically switch views of different business roles (based on trans type) as my users belong to same set who would use ZMIN or ZFIN with same login depending on which incident they want to report.

Eg: Say 'user1' who is authorized to create an incident under ZMIN (if he faces issue with ECC system) as well as under ZFIN (for issue faced by him with some mobile application). I don't want him re-login again & again to choose a different business role to report a particular incident.

What I am trying to achieve is similar to the link by Hanumant Anarase - Automatic switching of business role.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I don't see any difference here.

If you have even one Business role for each transaction type then also you can copy and create your own Custom Views which will be called when you create diff transaction type as per your req.

so in the same business role, you can create a diff view for ZMIN or ZFIN but it will be opened as per transaction type.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I tried the business role modification as you suggested, but when I copy the configuration I get the error as shown in the image below.

And when I keep the 'Object Type' & 'Object Subtype' as <DEFAULT>, the screen gets changed for both the trans types.

Its very much possible that I might be missing some small thing. Would it be possible that we can speak if you can share some contact details on email prashantpsap@gmail.com.

Best Regards,

Prashant P.

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Please refer SAP Note 1641712 - ChaRM transaction type specific UI configuration subtype.

To get different views based on different transaction type, you need to create entries mentioned in note.

Regards,

Piyush Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You always have one PFCG role assigned to one Business role therefore,

For business role created for ZMIN ..assign user this PFCG role

For business role created for ZFIN....assign user this PFCG role

Further, the system should not prompt (if required) you can achieve it via authorization object

CRM_ORD_PR and maintain ZMIN in one role and ZFIN in another role.

this will help to bifurcate users.

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Currently I have configured the two trans. types separately as you have suggested above.

We don't users to switch business roles for incident creation. Based on the trans. type selected while creating an incident the screens need to change.

Regards,

Prashant

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

what you need to do is configure the page further for each transaction type.

at the moment, i am assuming you have just copied the Business Role in SPRO but further you need to configure the webpage layout for each transaction type ZMIn and ZFIN as per your case.

then only you can allow users to see their desired view.

1. goto sm_crm with solmanpro role etc
  2. click configure page option
  3. click copy and then copy for both transaction type with ur business role

hope this helps further.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am already through with my individual business roles config for ZMIN and ZFIN (with separate PFCG roles, RoleConfig key customization and so on).

In our case it will be the same user who would report an incident using ZMIN or ZFIN type. Moreover screens defined for ZMIN (ECC related. eg: report name, tcode and so on) are irrelevant in case of ZFIN (related to mobile applications). 

Hence when a user reports using ZFIN (when prompted) he should see only the screen configured for ZFIN not be of ZMIN (ECC related) and vice-versa within the same login.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prashant,

Business role is loaded during log-in of user and it will be fix during that session.

If you want to change the business role automatically, you need to do the custom coding.

Please refer below link, it may be helpful for you.

Two Business roles to change alternately, is it... | SCN

Regards,

Hanumant

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I think you missed it..I try again.

It is fine if the user has 2 business role but each business role has a layout which can be changes post logging to that business role.

so if I have ZSolmanpro for e.g. then i will see a different layout or set of fields for any transaction type

anf for ysolmanpro ...I would see different

so when i choose business role in SM_CRM entry screen then for business role I would see a different view like you want.

to configure this you need to configure page in SM_CRM for each Business Role separately within  each business role

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you assign more than one business roles to user in authorization, user will be asked for selection for business role on initial screen when he log-in.

To avoid this, you need to assign only one business role to user.

Hope this information helps you.

Regards,

Hanumant

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You can achieve the same with single role configuration key as you don't have to go with different keys.,

Then this situation will be much easier for you to handle.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishav,

Initially I tried the same approach of using only one config key. But I noticed that added/changed fields as required in ZFIN were getting changed for ZMIN as well.

ZFIN and ZMIN have completely different fields as per the requirement.

Any specific instruction I need to follow.

Regards,

Prashant

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

That is always fine even if they have different fields,

You can limit them with the authorization for usage of transaction type if you want to  imposed that.

It can be very well achieved with the authorizations to limit ZFIN or ZMIN and it will keep the logic separate for users.

Thanks

Rishav