cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while activating Advanced DSO? 'Error while building the DTA_PRO structure of field of provider'

ankita_agrawal17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a advanced DSO based on field modeling. Few fields like:

matnr (CHAR, 18),

matl_type (CHAR, 4),

ZAMT (QUAN, 13,3) and

UNIT (Unit, 3)

Where matnr is defined as key.

Its a very simple advanced DSO created for testing purpose. But while activation, I am getting error: 'Error while building the DTA_PRO structure of field ZAMT of provider ZTSTADSO'

I searched about this error but did not find relevant answer. Please help to find the root cause of this error.

I made below settings in ADSO:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samyukthakota
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

I am facing the same issue...

any luck with your problem

please share if any.

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

not sure but can you please try and change data type to VARCHAR  and see if  it works..

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankita ,

Could you please tell us which BW-Modeling Tool version are you using??

Thanks,

Varsha

ankita_agrawal17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Varsha,

I am using SAP HANA Studio version 2.1.4

SAP BW 7.4 SP09

Regards,

Ankita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please use the latest version of BW-Modeling Tool, version - 1.13 ?

you can download the latest version of BW-Modeling Tool from the given location.

Please visit to link: SAP Service Marketplace - Home and in the Software Downloads, search for BW Modelling Tools.

and the note from location: Search result page | SAP Support Portal   explains how to download the latest version of BW Modelling Tool

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks,

Varsha

ankita_agrawal17
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Varsha,

I checked the version again and I found that for BW Modeling tools version 1.8.7 is used.

Please see below screenshot.

This I found in SAP HANA -> BW Modeling -> Help -> Installation Details.

Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Regards,
Ankita

ankita_agrawal17
Explorer
0 Kudos

attaching screenshot again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita ,

This is the old version,

Could you please install the latest version so hope fully you won't get error in latest version.

To install the latest version , please uninstall the old version of BW-Modeling Tools and install the latest version by the given steps below.

BW Modelling Tools -->Help -->Install New Software , then in drop down give "https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars" then in next text box type BW, you will get all BW related objects then select what ever you want to install and proceed with the installation process.

Thanks,

Varsha