cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data attributes and master data text Coming same source

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I  am confused on  This master data attribute and master data text . I have seen several blogs i understood Both can load simentaneously .

lets take one example

if i am having CUST ID, CUST NAME ,LONG Description ,Language,Country  ,Region on same flat file.how we will load data in Target if all the things are in same data source(Flat file)

here country and region i need to take as attribute or Hierarchy?

Can we load master data text and attributes at same time or we need to create two data sources

if anyone could explain steps how to load data  of all hierarchy and texts and attributes at single point  would be helpful

I know its very basic question from so many days my head was spinning due to lack of clarity .please help me with clarity

Appreciate your response

Thanks,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's take  example of 0CUSTOMER. Of you go to RSA1 and InfoProvider tab, you get 3 section below 0CUSTOMER.  One Attribute, one Text and one Hierarchy.

Technically from the same Data Source you would be able to load Attribute and Text provided they are available in the same DataSource.

If you right click on the attribute portion and create a transformation, you are loading attribute and data will go to /BI0/PCUSTOMER table  ( assuming display attribute )

If you do the same on Texts , it will go to /BI0/TCUSTOMER table . 

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick response  while creating  transformation  it will  ask for to select either  master data attributes or master data text so here we can select only one at a time . So if we want to load text again we need to create another transformation?

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we select master data attributes  and load data for text and again we need to create  and select  text?

Hope you got my point

Thanks,

Varun

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct .

Target of Transformation would be either Attributes or Text based on what you want to load.

Source can be same.  Like for customer, you might have Customer Name and City in same file.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your point but my doubt is you said source can be same. Target might  be either   attribute or. texts if I want to load both attributes  or texts what would be the solution 

Thanks,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Want to load attributes  and text at sane time parell  is that possible .

Thanks,

Varun

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you will have two different transformation and two different DTP.   Those two DTP can run in parallel. 

But why do you want to do that ?  Like if you run one DTP after 10 minutes what problem you are expecting ?

Regards

Anindya