cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact on ECC used by 2 BW systems, enhanced extractor maintainance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I need your inputs.

We have one same ECC system (FI funds Management data) connected to 2 separated BW.   Both clients may use the same standard extractors. Depending on different needs, standard extractors maybe enhanced /customized.  My questions for you are:

a) If we customize /enhance the extractors, what is the impact (if any) when there is an ECC upgrade?  Is there any maintenance to be done on the enhanced/customized extractors ?

c) If we are using separated BW systems, will there be an issue with enhanced extractors?

d) What are the potential problems that we can observe when doing delta loads by the different clients.

Thanks so much! John.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Let me try to answer your questions.

Q a) If we customize /enhance the extractors, what is the impact (if any) when there is an ECC upgrade?  Is there any maintenance to be done on the enhanced/customized extractors ?

A a) Basically there should be no impact as long as you use an append structure. This is a safe and best practice way to enhance structures. I am not aware of any maintenance for enhanced/customized extractors.

Q c) If we are using separated BW systems, will there be an issue with enhanced extractors?

A c) No, you only have to be aware that you only have one ECC source system so the DataSource can be enhanced once. I.e. the enhanced fields will be available for both BW systems. In each BW system you can decide to hide particular fields (using t/code RSDS, deactivate the Transfer checkbox next to the field).

Q d) What are the potential problems that we can observe when doing delta loads by the different clients.

A d) The RSA7 delta is capable of multiple connected BW systems. Logical System is identifying the different delta queues for the same DataSource. However, you have to be careful with parallel extraction by the two BW systems because they could interfere in case of timestamp delta mechanism (as is the case for DataSource 0FI_GL_14). Please refer to the following SAP Notes for more information:

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavin