cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call calculation view via script with parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm already able to call a Graphical Calculation View with input parameter from a Script Calculation View, using the sintax bellow:

var_out = SELECT * FROM "_SYS_BIC"."package/CA_COMP_CODE"

(PLACEHOLDER."$$p_comp_code$$" => : p_comp_code)

But when I try to change the input parameter, in both Calculations Graphical and Script, to multiple entries I'm having problems using the some sintax.

Regards,

Renato

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Renato,

the problem occurs, because actually the "Multiple Entries" parameter from the scripted calculation view is transferred as "single value" parameter to the graphical calculation view, called in the SQLScript logic.

If you enter e.g. two parameter values 1000 and 2000, the values are transferred as "'1000', '2000'".

Because you parameter in the graphical calculation view is (of course restricted to four characters) the value is cut off. You can see that in the error message where the value "'1000" is displayed (that are the first four characters of the string).

If you wanna go with that solution you have to increase the parameter length. But I would recommend to find a solution w/o the scripted calculation view, cause scripted calculation views are a kind of "dead end" solution due to the fact that they should be removed aka replaced with graphical calculation views and/or table functions.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I change the parameter length and did work.

Thanks.

Regards,

Renato

Answers (0)