cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable basic authentication for sender REST channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to disable basic authentication for a sender REST adapter?

Thanks,

Yoni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to explain a little as maybe I was not clear enough.

I am implementing a scenario where a third-party application is calling PI using REST protocol. They only allow me to configure a URL but they do not support basic authentication when calling PI.

I know that when using SOAP adapter there are a couple of workarounds that do not require disabling authentication on the adapter level, but I have no similar information for the rest adapter.

So my questions:

1. Is it possible to disable authentication for REST on the adapter level?

2. Any workarounds for a specific channel?

Thanks

Yoni

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

REST adapter supports so-called public access mode for a sender flow, which is configured on communication channel level (not on adapter level) and, when enabled, allows REST sender channel to process requests coming from a sender system, without authentication. This feature was introduced in PI 7.4 SP13 - refer to REST Adapter - What's New in SAP NetWeaver 7.4 (Release Notes) - SAP Library and SAP Note 2276231.

If the sender system doesn't support basic authentication, is it capable of using client certificates instead?

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Just the answer I was looking for!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Check this link for workaround, It works for me.

https://answers.sap.com/questions/12836671/why-the-allow-public-accessno-authorization-requir.html

Thanks & Regards

Uday Suvvada

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoni,

There is LoginModule to work with this concept: Managing Login Modules - User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

I know you can use it in the SOAP adapter, i am not sure with the rest adapter: 1711121 - Disabling/Customizing SOAP Adapter Default Authentication

Regards.