Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Finance Certification without SAP FI Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am an SAP FI consultant with 4 years of experience. I don't have any certification on SAP FI module yet.

However, I am planning to learn the new Simple Finance and go for the certification in the same. Would it make sense to have this certification without having an SAP FI module certification?

I am asking this question as I understand that Simple Finance is modifying the FI module with HANA capability and adjustment of certain tables with views for getting real time data . The solution as such is built on top of the SAP FI functionality. Would this make SAP FI certification a necessary one to have before Simple Finance in terms of market needs ?

Appreciate your expert advice and guidance . Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratheesh,

To certain extent depends on what training/certification is offered in your country of residence.

In general, you don't need a FI/CO certification for Simple Finance certification.

But Yes if you've a decent understanding of current SAP FI/CO functionality and asset accounting.

I'd suggest you to do this in the following steps:

1) Get an overview of SAP HANA

2) Brush your concepts on Asset accounting, Cash Management, IBP( Integrated Business Planning) incl. FSCM

and then get trained/certified in SAP simple finance.

The steps will help you in you making the most of SAP's training course.

Refer to this curriculum:

Curriculum | SAP Simple Finance

Trust this helps.

Regards

Raghu.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratheesh,

To certain extent depends on what training/certification is offered in your country of residence.

In general, you don't need a FI/CO certification for Simple Finance certification.

But Yes if you've a decent understanding of current SAP FI/CO functionality and asset accounting.

I'd suggest you to do this in the following steps:

1) Get an overview of SAP HANA

2) Brush your concepts on Asset accounting, Cash Management, IBP( Integrated Business Planning) incl. FSCM

and then get trained/certified in SAP simple finance.

The steps will help you in you making the most of SAP's training course.

Refer to this curriculum:

Curriculum | SAP Simple Finance

Trust this helps.

Regards

Raghu.

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

It was a helpful piece of information.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Appreciate it ..

Regards,

Ratheesh