Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software products (Intangible)

Yvonne_van_Stra
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a customer which is selling software with its physical products. For these products it is important that no physical inventory is maintained and they are delivered via email to the customer. (No pick/pack actions or warehouse involvement)

What is in your opiniion the best way to handle software products? 

The regular products would hinder the logistic process. It is however not really a service item.

looking forward to your opinion.

Kind regards,

Yvonne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yvonne van straten,

Complementing above information.

I totally agree with @lee bown that if you use service order to send this software then CONS is the ideal option to your query. But unfortunately this is not supported as explained above.

The closest work-around in sales order would be item type SHIP as supply planning and ATP is optional.

To know more about all item type check the help document with title "Services"

Regards

Leo

former_member185664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivonne,

We had a similar requirement.  We wanted to sell small consumables that are not stock-controlled with our stock managed items on a Sales Order.

We initially thought an Item Group of "CONS - Spare Part" would work but these Products cannot be sold on a Sales Order, only a Service Order.

We ended up using a Service with a Item Group of "SEFL - Fixed Price without Actuals".  For these items you can Confirm Execution directly within the Sales Order without the need to process a separate Service Confirmation and if you use a Labour Resource with no attributed value the value of the service valuation postings made in the General Ledger is zero.

In my opinion, it would be better if SAP allow the sale of "CONS - Spare Part" items on Sales Orders.

Lee