cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed bin with max qty capacity check

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a storage type with putaway strategy 'F' and several fixed bins. Each bin can hold multiple SUs, but homogenous - same material per bin.

Say I have SU defined as 10 EA. Is it possible to enforce a max capacity on the fixed bin of 50 EA (eg only allow 5 SUs). And if it can't be done at the bin level, I'd be OK at the storage type level, since all materials in this storage type are 10 EA per SU.

Can't get this to work with 'F'. My backup is to do next empty bin, where I can definitely get the capacity check to work....but I was hoping to leverage the fixed bin assignment of 'F'. Otherwise I see no choice but to do strict section control for next empty bin. (50 bins = 50 unique sections)

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

capacity check should be defined at bin level and check happens at bin level, at storage type level you just have to activate capacity check.

also consider points mentioned by Manish

BR

kamlakar

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I've maintained the max capacity in the material. That does NOT enforce max capacity during GR. From past experience I've only found that to facilitate with internal replenishment.

Have you ever gotten capacity checking to work for GR based on the WM2 material settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the max and min quantity in material master is for replenishment purpose and not for bin capacity. For bin capacity you have to specify bin capacity in bin master only. WM2 capacity check does not happen during GR

BR

kamlakar

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are suggesting the total capacity field (LAGP-LKAPV), that would work with another putaway strategy if I were using capacity check method '4'. But my understanding that Fixed Bin strategy is only compatible with method '3'. Have you actually gotten this to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your requirement?

BR

kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer OSS note: 392776

also check earlier post: capacity check | SCN

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Capacity check 4 is what I need, it's just not compatible with Fixed bin strategy because I need mixed storage of homogenous SUs. My requirements:

I have about 10 materials that could be assigned to 10 permanent bins. For a given material (bin), I wish to specify max capacity such that it allows 3 SUs. For example, if SU is 400 EA per pallet, I would specify max as 1200 EA. If a 4th SU is putaway, it would be directed to Overflow storage type.

I've achieved this in the past with Next Empty bin or Bulk storage strategies using sections. I just wanted to see if I could avoid creating 10 unique sections, one per bin, and rather be able to specify the bin directly on material via Fixed Bin strategy. Appears this is not possible given my need for multiple SU's per bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by not compatible and you need mixed storage of homogenous SUs?

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

For the requirement you have specified, I believe Bulk storage option is the best way to proceed with.

In Bulk storage setting, you can use - Mixed storage - C (Several batches per bin - Only Bulk storage) option. This will fit to your requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with fixed bin strategy system will always propose the same storage bin which is maintained in the material master

with next empty bin even though your existing bin is partially utilized, system is going to propose a new bin

you can have  a look for addition to existing stock however in that case you wont be able to satisfy the FIFO logic