Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification number Range issue

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one critical issue, where in for particular Quality notification type (R3),the number sequence has not been following,

Eg ; Notification 300001179 was created manually through QM01 after 300001175, then notification 300001176 was created and similarly

...1177,...1178,but then again notification 300001179,hence the notification is overwritten and this should not happen.

could you please suggest how to rectify the issue ( i need to raise OSS note or any relevant SAP notes needs to be applied)

and this has been occurring in Production system only and in Development and Quality we are not finding any issues.

please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinika.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Because of a buffer of 10 maintained for Notifications number range, things are quite normal until you wrote:

but then again notification 300001179

Yes, this should not happen. In normal case this only happens if someone resets the Current number to 300001178 or below in IW20 for this particular type of Notification.

If you believe this is not the case, then you should go for OSS.

KJogeswaraRao

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

As part of the testing, i have changed the number to 30000178 in number range and created new notification but system won't allow to save the notification number which is a proper behavior since that No already has been created (Tested in Development).

however i think there should be issue in PRD.

could you please suggest what SAP notes has to be applied in order to resolve the issue in PRD.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinika

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Spent sometime in searching related SAP Notes, but could not locate any related one. Better create a service request in OSS. Before that ensure that this had happened. Why I am saying this is, besides no related note in SAP, I could not find a single similar occurrence in SCN discussions too.

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

As you suggested, i have raised OSS request and thanks for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil..K