Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruleset Transport Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GRC 10.0 SP 13

My ruleset doesn't transport 100% accurately unless I first delete the ruleset from the importing system prior to transport.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  I haven't been able to find any notes relating, but if you have note recommendations please share and it would be much appreciated.

An example of an issue: updated Risk descriptions do not import properly.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

i have transported rulesets. and you need not  delete them, from importing system. So, can you try by not deleting .

if your landscape is in the same SP, then it should not be a problem. however, you may try uploading , with the option overwrite

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, everyone, and thanks, Plaban.

I have attempted to transport my updated ruleset, but a few risks and descriptions failed to update.  I'm going to proceed with the ruleset deletion prior to transport, rather than download/upload, due to my org's change management requirements.

Closing this thread as un-resolved.

-Ken

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

surya_appala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Yes, we also do not transport the ruleset. To avoid any inconsistency in ruleset, we download and upload them.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

sorry for this answer, but we do not transport the ruleset. We upload the ruleset in each systems seperately. We faced no issue and for testing purpose in DEV and QA it is ok.

This way of ruleset maintenance is agreed with our ICS team and auditors.

Best regards,

Dirk