cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order component CIF integration

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I would like to know if it's right to have the component that's externally procured to be part of the production order integration model. This doubt aroused because CCR generates the error code 506 and the case I look has only one component which is externally procured. In addition, the dependent requirement is definitely a good quantity on the component and can't be considered as zero (it's more than three decimal places).

We are using SCM release 713 with EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

Please clarify.

Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I did not quite get your issue.

Generally, if a given externally procured product was integrated to APO, it should be present in the PPM/PDS of the finished product.

As such, if you create a Planned Orders or a Production Order for the Finished Product, a dependent demand will be visible for the component in APO.

It's possible to display the demands in APO even when the component has Procurement Type = P (planned in external system) at the Product Master.

If my reply does not answer your question, please, clarify.

Regards,

Tiago

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tiago, thanks for the reply. The issue for me is the CCR error code 506. While sending the production order for the finished good, CCR generates the error code 506 for the component though the component is maintained in the production order integration model.

And the error code specifies that I need to maintain the manual reservation integration model active for the component. My understanding is the reservation (requirements) generated for the component out of the finished good production order is different to that of the manual reservation (which is more like an STR - either a requirement or a receipt). Accordingly, system should in fact not check if the component is present in the manual reservation integration model while sending the production order for the finished good. But it appears it is required. Am I wrong in my understanding?

Thanks.

Regards,

Guru

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the withdrawal quantity and requirement quantity of these components in production order CO03.

Final delivery indicator is set for the component.

Refer SAP consulting note   421940 - No reduction of order reservations in APO

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

gurucharanscm
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar - the note confirms me that the dependent requirement of the production order on the component is considered as manual reservation - thanks for this. However, the question is whether to have the manual reservations integration model active for the components while we send the production order for the finished good to avoid the CCR error 506.

Thanks,

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I know changes to reservations with goods issues in R/3 are not transferred to APO if we don't have the manual reservation IM active.

For the components which has error 506

Did you check these points?

The withdrawal quantity and requirement quantity of these components in production order CO03.

Final delivery indicator is set for the component.

Execute report  RCIFORDER_RESERVATIONS_COMPARE Compare/reconcile APO and R/3 production order reservations

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)