cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tight Horizontal issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running version SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - Service Pack 15 as well as the original Crystal reports XI R2 service pack 6.

I have a report that totals a column of financial figures but then returns hashes. I have tried various printers, but the results are still the same. The total is wide enough to accommodate the value, but it does have Tight Horizontal enabled. Running the same report against Crystal XIR2 however the total appears correctly.

Looking at the log for version 16 I can't see anything relating to Tight Horizontal. Anyone have any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be a font issue.

I would try changing the font to one you are sure works in both environments to test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

The font currently used is Arial\Time New Roman, both are affected. Good suggestion though. Have tried different printers and printer drivers as well.

Kind Regards

Jamie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Anyone know how to pass this up the line?

Kind Regards

Jamie

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As these are only Community Forums, to "pass this up the line", you will have to create a phone incident;

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Ludek.

I'm surprised that there is no bug reporting method and SAP have the temerity to charge for an issue. As a software developer, feedback like this is key to picking up issues that don't necessarily come to light during unit testing. 

Kind Regards

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm - given that the same report is giving different answers in each environment, unless someone knows otherwise, I'd consider this a bug. How do I report this?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the log for version 16

What log for version 16 you are looking at? Where is this log?

I could take a guess (e.g.; I think I know what is going on) but I'd rather I get all the info from you 1st.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio - Service Pack 16 - Fixed Issues ...

That's the link I'm referring to. I don't see anything re Tight Horizontal option?

- Jamie

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the designer that is included with "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio" (CRVS) is not as fully featured as stand-alone designers. In your case I'd recommend SAP Crystal Reports 2013 (v. 14.1.x). A 30 day eval is here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

Having said that. Thoretically a report designed in CR 11.5 (XI R2) with the options enabled, should exhibit the same behavior at runtime using CRVS as in the CR 11.5 designer.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry I think I've given the wrong impression! We do use Crystal 2013. We still have a client base in XIR2 though, so both versions are in common use.

The reports haven't been re written - they remain as per XIR2, whilst we still have this cross over, however in the viewer in CR2013 the tight horizontal is squashing the values and showing hashes (as if the field were too small) where as in XIR2 viewer its fine.

There is plenty of room for the text.

Clients use the runtime suggested  as per this article, "Crystal Reports runtime for 2013? | SCN" hence the reference to SP16.

Hope that makes it a little clearer. This seems to affect all reports with this feature (generally totals).

Kind Regards

Jamie