cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas R2 system incident results in record locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation where, occasionally , the user is disconnected from Personas (timeout perhaps?) but the system leaves record locks in place.

In this case they will be in a Personas flavor of VA02 and it looks as if they are dumped out but their session remains open and active and locks on the VBAK record that was being used at the time of the incident remain.

Has anyone come across this before or offer any insight as to what might be happening here.

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Do you see any error in console (open F12 developer tool -> Console tab)? If not, please check if you have enough memory available ITS under SITSPMON transaction -> Memory Statistics tab. You can refer to following article on ITS memory consumption How to estimate the memory consumption of the internal ITS - Wiki - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

We have had similar happen recently, for us in transaction PA30 where sometimes clicking the back or exit button we get disconnected and the system lock is in place.

Currently I have an open call with SAP as we are having issues with scripting using transaction PA30 whereby when we record scripts, the steps are being duplicated, so we have assumed that the issues with being disconnected etc may all relate to the scripting issue. Now you have posted this I'm wondering whether this is a different issue altogether, and that we have assumed wrongly.

I will let you know if/when we get a solution to our scripting issue, as to whether the other issue is resolved as well.

regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

In this case I got around the problem by calling VA03 rather than VA02 to do a print preview but still not clear why the user appears to be able to create two sessions running concurrently. The pressures off for now but If I make any discoveries I'll feed them back here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Patrick.