Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing 0PM_C01 infocube.

former_member414278
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are working with 0PM_C01 infocube, flawless up to now, loading deltas through 0PM_OM_OPA_2 datasource (Orders’ Actual Costs). We have 30 millions of records. But users are asking for 0material characteristic to be included into that cube.

So we have checked the datasource 0PM_OM_OPA_2 and we found that it includes the field MATNR already, although not mapped to anything, as 0PM_C01 infocube does not include this 0MATERIAL object.

So we are thinking about adding a new dimension to this cube, the dimension “material”, and including the characteristic 0MATERIAL on it. After that, we will map the field MATNR of our standard datasource to the new material dimension. It seems to be easy and it is not supposed to hurt future delta loads.

But, what about the historical data?? Can we think in a remodeling process that allow us to complete the old records with this new field without thinking of deleting all, neither doing a initialization? Business day-to-day doesn’t want an initialization, unless it doesn’t mean all users block. I’ve checked if it is possible to do an early delta initialization, but it is not possible with this datasource.

I read a lot of stuff about remodeling, but related always to a characteristic that won’t modify the granularity of the enhanced dimension, but I am sure that 0material characteristic will modify this granularity and it will affect to the fact table, where is going to be more records from now on. In addition, the sample routines always refer to reading a master data to fill the new field, but in my case we want to use the same datasource that is used already for the rest of the characteristics and key figures, since it is a characteristic included in.

Could you please suggest a good strategy to face that?

Is it possible to use a Repair request load and setup tables? 

Thank you very much and best regards to everybody.

Jorge.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorge Sierra Piris wrote:

But, what about the historical data?? Can we think in a remodeling process that allow us to complete the old records with this new field without thinking of deleting all, neither doing a initialization?

A remodeling process is used when you need to fill a new field with a value/formula based on data that's already available in your InfoProvider. Since you don't have 0MATERIAL in it yet, I think it's safe to say remodeling is not an option for you.

That doesn't mean you need to delete all data if you're very careful. You could work with full repair loads (if you can assure you can easily identify all historic records for which you need to add the value of 0MATERIAL). That process is (in my opinion) a whole lot more complicated than a new init/complete reload, but it could be possible...

former_member414278
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help, Ralf.

Well, I had not though about full repair requests, but it could be a good strategy, thanks!

I’ve used it once to repair a missing delta, but I’ve never used it to enhance a cube. I suppose it will be necessary to do selective deletions in order to avoid duplicates…I must be careful, for sure. Going to test it first in development environment.

Best Regards!  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Please create a copy cub of 0PM_C01 and load the data from original cube to copied cube.

While loading data to copied cube, you need to fill 0material(consider that copied cube have 0material) as well.

Later you can delete data from 0pm_c01 and do the remodeling.

Once you done remodeling and activation of all changes you can reload historic data from copied to to original cube.

After your reload, delta load will continue without any issue.

Data reloading twice may be time consuming activity.

Please do this activity where there is no business. other wise year or month end reporting may effect.

Thanks

former_member414278
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Kaman for your quick response,

but there is something I didn’t understand… you said “While loading data to copied cube, you need to fill 0material…

But how can I fill up 0material from 0PM_C01 cube if this cube does not have this field?

Regards.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

As pe you needs, how your going to fill material?

Are you trying to pull from source or filling thru any look up at info cube 0pm_c01 level?

if we need historic data at cube level then whole data deletion and reload is mandate.

Thanks

former_member414278
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ok Kaman,

0material is included in the datasource, but it is not mapped. If I map it now, I will get data for the next delta but I was wondering if I could just complete the historical records with the new field…but you are right, it seems to be inevitable to reinit the cube.

Thank you for your help.