cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve this bind-hana-dbms error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

i got my access token for HCI DS Europe landscape host. When i enter my access token a message pops up saying :"Could not activate the neo connection: mmhana: Use 'bind-hana-dbms' to bind productive HANA instances to Java applications and provide DB user name and password"

When i run the command :

C:\neo_cmd_tool\tools>neo bind-hana-dbms -a <account name> -b dstest -h hana.ondemand

.com -u <SCN user> -i mm --db-user <DBuser> --db-password <Password>

SAP HANA Cloud Platform Console Client

Password for your user:

ERROR: Failed to bind the schema to the default data source of the account '

a1c697a92', application 'dstest'. Named data sources can't be bound to applicati

ons that haven't been deployed yet. The default data source will be bound when t

he application is started.

Failed to write binding configuration for application: '{account:'a.....', ap

plication:'dstest', component:'web'}' and data source: '<DEFAULT>':Failed to wri

te JDBC properties with path 'configuration/account/a,,,,,/application/dstest

/--web--com.sap.core.persistence/persistence.properties'

If you need help, provide the output of the command and attach the log directory

[C:\neo_cmd_tool\tools\log]

I cannot create any other datastore as my access token is not accepted , if i enter same account name and Schema ID. Kindly help to guide me which command should i write to bind it successfully.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same internal error, if I try to bind a HTML5 application to a DB in an other account. For Java applications it works fine. Perhaps somebody could give a tipp to get more details, besides the error code 500 of an internal server error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP HANA Cloud Platform

you may check (bind) commands from here and try in cmd prompt.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also got the statement from SAP, that DB binding is only working for Java applications. In HTML5 applications the access is granted via database users directly.

For Hana XS application, we still wait to get a response how do you share DB between accounts.

However, I think that this post is not really realted to theses issues and from the "correct answer", I gues that it was simple a wrong command problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must have got the access token right? that actually binds db schema id and your account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. For a HTML5 application binding using a token is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

My application is HTML and i have binded with my DB via hci. I followed these links:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/2085001

Although i am not sure of Java application how it is binded. Hope this helps. Also if you could share where exactly are you stuck and provide few screenshots. I simply followed SAP Hana academy videos which helped a lot.

Regards,

Jay

Answers (0)