Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgently need SQL Anywhere 11 installation for Linux

vlad1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client needs to connect to SQL Anywhere (11.0.1.2878) through JDBC client, however their server is running on Linux. For this purpose, according to the documentation, they need the native component libjbjobdbc11.so.

We have never done any Linux deployment of SQL Anywhere, and I'm struggling to find a copy of it anywhere at all. I realise it has been end-of-lifed, which is probably why I cannot find it under SAP Store, but it is really important that I locate it and download it anywhere - is anyone aware of any places where it could still be hosted? All links that I have found point to Sybase - Site Unavailable

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chris_keating
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can download a 12.0.1 client for that platform?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35857

vlad1
Participant
0 Kudos

I could try if you think it's worth a shot, but is it likely to work? We need to connect to a database hosted on Windows SQL Anywhere 11, and all the ODBCs for it are created with, obviously, SQL Anywhere driver version 11. Would a file libjbjobdbc12.so, which even has the number "12" in the filename be backwards compatible with libjbjobdbc11.so?

Thanks

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

SQL Anywhere database files are binary portable, so if you wanted to you could copy the *.db file to a Windows box.

SQL Anywhere 11 database files can be started using SQL Anywhere 16 or 17 without any upgrading of the database required.