Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any tool to de-activate 1000's of BADIs at the same time

0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project, i have a requirement in which i have to deactivate many BADIs. Is there any tool to do this easily.

7 REPLIES 7

roberto_vacca2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

What do you mean by BADIs ? Custom BADIs?

In that case you should know that CL_EXITHANDLER is the standard class to GET INSTANCE of a BADI.

IF you bypass this get instance for your BADIs, you'll deactivate all instances of BADIs... but it's not a solution.

For you I suppose you should implement a custom report, receiving your BADIs' name list, with a batch input that replicate deactivation from SE19 transaction, including in a transport request.

Hope to help

Bye

0 Kudos

That's true for classical BADIs, but not for Kernel BADIs, which are instantiated by the statement GET BADI. Please consider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you could use the switch-framework. We use it to switch between an old addon-implementation and a new one. Our solution is to assign the switch to a package in which all the BADI implementations are located. If we switch off the switch all depending BADI implementations are de-activated. (In our case we have of course two packages and two switches, whereby only one of the switches can be active at one time.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write a simple BDC with the help of SE19. Would take you less time to implement.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't there a simpler way to break the system... if that's what you are trying to do? 

Thanks.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why were 1000s of badis active in the first place?

Usually these actions are part of a clean up project where every badi is checked against current business requirements and then evaluated if it can be deleted or merged with a different badi implmentation.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

0 Kudos

Exactly my point... shouldn't this be done by analyzing each individual BADI and its impacts - rather than submitting a program and waiting for it to finish?

Thanks