Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Requirement Planning

pavan_kumarcs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can any one suggest how to do Capacity Requirement Planning?

Scenario:

Each Maintenance Plan has around 50 technicians working of various skill set. Now business needs to track the work performed by them. Maintenance Planner with run capacity requirement planning board daily, and if work load is more on one technician then planner wants to allocate some of the operation to other workers.

Now the specific question is how to map technicians in SAP? Either by creating individual work center (hierarchy) or adding personnel number(HRMS Data) in main workcenter? Which is the best way to achieve it?

Currently I have created following Main Work centers.

MECH - Mechnical Maintenance

ELEC - Electrical Maintenance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Assuming you have HR module implemented, you can do it in both ways either by creating individual work centers OR by assigning PERNR to main work centers.

If you are having CATS integration, where in you want to trace the working hours of individual technician and it is linked with Payroll, its better to go ahead with assigning PERNR to main work centers.

Regards,

Amol

pavan_kumarcs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

HR Module is not implemented here. How to proceed? Can you give more insight on these?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

In your case, HRMS assignment for individual technician is not possible. You can identify a technician by PERNR for which some HR config is mandatory.

Only option which I could think of is creating separate work centers for each individual. Maintain capacity category as 002. and other data should be like shown in screen shot below.

pavan_kumarcs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Amol for the your valuable inputs.

Still I have few doubts.

1) If HR module is not implemented, still can I maintain PERNR? Does it violates rules / permission?

2) If Individual work center are used what is the preferred nomenclature to be used? (To consider      Labour turnover factor)

3) What is Work center hierarchy? Is it necessary for doing CRP?

4) What should be the capacity of Main work center ? (total of all individual capacities?)

5) T codes of CRP suitable in Plant Maintenance perspective? (CM21/CM24/CM25)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Please find my responses in bold letters.

1) If HR module is not implemented, still can I maintain PERNR? Does it violates rules / permission?

You can still maintain as it comes in ERP package & if relevant business functions are activated. But I am not sure about user licensing rules. Please check with your IT team to contact SAP licensing agreements to get more information on this front.

2) If Individual work center are used what is the preferred nomenclature to be used? (To consider      Labour turnover factor)

Nomenclature can be discussed with client. 8 characters is the limit. so you can follow naming convention like MECH0001, MECH0002 etc.

3) What is Work center hierarchy? Is it necessary for doing CRP?

Work center hierarchy is not mandatory for CRP. But its good to have it.

4) What should be the capacity of Main work center ? (total of all individual capacities?)

Not necessary. as you will be using individual work center in operations of an order.

5) T codes of CRP suitable in Plant Maintenance perspective? (CM21/CM24/CM25)

Refer CM01 also.

For more information please refer below link as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/fe/4463b408504fe1a7120bcbc8093d98/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Did you get a change to check through above comments?

Regards,

Amol

pavan_kumarcs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol..!

It helped a lot! I will go with work centers.