cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My inbox or timesheet approval using standard task TS31000007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I wanted to ask which app would be wiser to use for approving timesheets?

We are using standard task 310000007 for timesheet approval, as our client has custom approval organization than simple employee-manager relations.

• With inbox I run into problems with , when it call for Workflow ID and Step ID, but TS31000007 doesn't use WF.

• But with Approve Timesheet app - the work items are not displaying in the app at all.

And going over several discussions here on SCN - some are suggesting using Approve Timesheets (without explanations how to configure it with TS31000007).

If someone could explain which one is better to use and how to configure it with TS31000007. I'm sure many users use TS31000007, but there are no guides how to use it with Fiori apps

I hope someone explains it, so thanks in advance

Diana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Diana,

Go with Approve Timesheet first. Please share what kind of error is in the log.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Approve Timesheet app shows no errors in the error_log or apps_log.

Here are the network log if that helps. App itself is empty, although in SBWP there are 3 time approval tasks for the same user.

Then when using the same method "POST" in gw_client for the last URL I get this message:

What is the OPU service, can't find any info when posting this error.

Thanks, Diana

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

It seems that there is no data to approve. What is the dynamic number on the tile? If it is 0, it means no data.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, Masa.

There is timesheets to approve - 3 of them in SBWP. But we are not using solid employee-manager relationship configuration, therefore I cannot follow .

We are using TS31000007, because approver changes based on WBS or CC entered in timesheet.

And that is my initial question - what app use for approving these kind of timesheet entries and how to fully configure them. I did not find any guide regarding approving timesheets and frequently used standard task TS3100007.

Thank you

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

In that case, BADI implementation is required.

OData service: HCM_TIMESHEET_APPROVE_SRV

Enhancement Spot: HCM_ES_APPROVE_TIMESHEETS

Method: FILTER_TIME_RECORDS

Regards,

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to configure Approve Timesheet (CAT2) with Task Definition ID - TS31000007 for My Inbox Application.

You need to provide Workflow ID as TS31000007 and Step Id as 0000000001 in the step "Maintain Task Names and Decision Options".