cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc-file

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Please tell me the one situtation where exactly idoc-file scenario will be used(realtime)

2)When do we use SOAP adapter.I also want the situation where exactly it would be used.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc-to-file is typically used to send large data from SAP system.

e.g. to update HR data masters, like location master, user master, Business Unit Masters etc. It is used for sending transactional data.

Idocs can be both custom or standard, depending on the business logic of the sender.

It is important to know when Idoc-to-file will be used.

Best practice is to use client proxy at the sender side.

But in some cases, the logic to execute transactions, and create Idocs is already in place. If you do not want to disturb that logic, then simply use Idoc-to-File.

However, don't use it if you are starting on new development on the SAP Sender side. Use Proxies in that case.

Sender SOAP adapters are used where there is a third party type of application. e.g. A 2-tier or 3-tier type of application using Java/.NET/ASP etc. as front-end, and Oracle/MS-SQL etc. as back-end.

It is used for web-service based scenarios.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok SOAP adapter is used for web based applications,can u tell me the one scenario where exactlu u used the soap adapter

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP Adapter is used whenever you have to deal with a WEB Service exposed by a system. For this to happen the web service system always provide the Webservice associated WSDL to work with.

1)To send data from R/3(RFC) to Web Server(SOAP) through XI.

2) Web Server(SOAP) to Mainframe(File) through XI.

chec:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

SOAP Scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1334 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2131 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

The scenario that Roshani has explained used MDM to remove the duplicates. So that was a functionality provided by MDM. Removing duplicates is one of the important characteristic of MDM.

Regarding handling duplicates in XI, here is a very nice discussion

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there...

1) scenario where idoc file is used:

consider following systems

a. MDM - master data management

b. 2 R3 systems

now suppose u want to send a material master data from ur R3 systems to MDM and both the systems hav say about 100 records duplicate and u want to remove these duplicate records and merge into one record which then can be syndicated bac to these systems.

so u will use an IDoc - file scenario where in u will send the MATMAS IDoc from both the R3s .

Ur receiver will use a file adapter to convert the Idoc into appropriate XML file structure and send it to the MDM for consolidation.

any further queries please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Roshani

Message was edited by:

roshani jain

Message was edited by:

roshani jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)if possible can u send me the fileds which u used for that scenario.

2)how can we remove the duplicate records?need to rite any code

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, sorry 4 replying so late.

well, in order to remove duplicates, i had used MDM.

if u want to use MDM , u wil have to install MDM server on your system and following clients:

1. console

2. data manager : here where duplicates are removed

3. import manager

4. syndicator

after installing , u can proceed with the scenario. But u need to have a basic understanding about using the above mentioned clients.

If u r interested in proceeding ahead in implementing the scenario using MDM... refer to the following blogs.

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/12/20/xi-configuration-for-mdm-integration--sample-scenario : XI Configuration for MDM Integration

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2007/01/22/testing-and-monitoring-an-interface-between-mdm-xi : Testing and Monitoring an Interface between MDM and XI

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/27/mdm-xi-r3-integration : MDM to R/3.

Regards,

Roshani

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1)Please tell me the one situtation where exactly

> idoc-file scenario will be used(realtime)

Integrating a SAP system with a MainFrame system.

We had one requirement once when a FI idoc was to be sent to a mainframe for sending payment details and we used to a FIle to Idoc.

> 2)When do we use SOAP adapter.I also want the

> situation where exactly it would be used.

SOAP adapters are used when you want to deal with Webservices. ANy Case when a system you want to interact with provides a webservice you use SOAP adapters.

Regards

Bhavesh