cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RWB Error - Scheduling status -EOIO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is File to Proxy, It was previously configured as EO, Now we have changed it to EOIO in Sender file channel as per requirement.

Few messages stuck in RWB Scheduling status with below error.

Trying to fail the message because of administrative action of user"XXXXXX" (My user id)

Admin action :  Trying to fail the message

Admin action :      Setting the message status to failed failed,due to  java.lang.exception: Predecessor not in final state.

I am not able to cancel this message ,since it is in scheduling status..

Please give me solution to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Jeevitha N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevitha,

Follow this blog to clear the EOIO queue and identify the predecessor which has the error.

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevitha

You cannot cancel/reprocess that message until it's predecessor has been acted upon. Most likely the predecessor is in a system error state. You will need to search for it under the same interface and either cancel or reprocess it.

Btw, what PI version and SP are you on? There are some issues around EOIO error handling on the lower PI versions.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

We are using PI 7.1  version and SP10

Regards,

Jeevitha N

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevitha

First of all, I'd recommend you follow the blog mentioned by Praveen to find the predecessor message that is causing the block. If you are able to find that, then proceed to cancel/reprocess it.

If you can't find it, then you might have an issue that is described in SAP Note 885879 - EOIO message in HOLD without predecessor cannot be restarted

Although that describes it for an XI 3.0 system, I've noticed a similar behavior on a PI 7.11 system before. The predecessor was cancelled but the subsequent messages were not dealt with. Then after the predecessor was archived, the others in Holding could no longer be retried. If this is your case, then I'd suggest you open a call with SAP to request for their assistance on this.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

I tried the option given in blog, there is no error message , all 4 messages are in HOLD. So couldnot cancel or reprocess the messages..

Regards,

Jeevitha N

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevitha,

Did you check the previous sequence number before these four messages, is this message delivered or cancelled? or what is the status?

Alternatively you can check EOIO sequnce monitor using below link.

http://<pihost>:<httpport>/MessagingSystem/monitor/sequenceMonitor.jsp

Click on the message and click resend button.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I followed the steps which you have mentioned above, deleted that holding queue.

Here XBQA0010 is the queue which came automatically while selecting EOIO

Today we tested 3 messages , In RWB  it went to holding status only..So Couldn't cancel here also.

Also , I Checked sxmb_adm--> Manage Queues--> QRFC Monitor.

Scheduler status is showing as Inactive.

Among 3 holding messages , I could see error message for 1 message , others "Message status was set to HOLD"

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Regards,

Jeevitha N