Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM dashboard screen is truncated after upgrade to PPM 6.1

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After we upgrade to PPM 6.1, I found that PPM dashboard screen is truncated as shown below:

If you look in above screen shot (red block) you will see that the item dashboard screen is truncated and hidden. Could you please tell me how can I retrieve it to back to its original form. I have this screen expanded and full in DEV environment.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

This does not look like an issue which is coming from PPM application side. Maybe there is an issue with the Unified Rendering?

I would suggest that you follow these steps to check your Unified Rendering version and update it if necessary:

• Read the following Wiki on how to perform the version update:
    http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/2oQCFQ
  • Before applying, check that your SNOTE is up-to-date (i.e. you have implemented all relevant correction notes for SNOTE transaction)
  • If you have memory warnings - such as TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED - during the process of applying the UR notes, see SAP note 1563641 for resolution.
  • Once all the notes are applied, make sure that you delete then server and client cache according to the last screenshot of http://goo.gl/4XnNf.

Best Regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your response.

So, should I perform this activity by self or it's to be done by Basis team?

BR

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

This is definitively something that would be done by your basis team.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Francesco,

But the question now is , Why it is working in DEV environment?

We din't perform such steps (mentioned by you) in Dev.

Thanks.

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Do you have the same Unified Rendering version on the development system? An easy way to check is to run program WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES on both systems and compare if everything is the same in the report results.

If you find that everything is the same, then I agree that it should not be necessary to upgrade the Unified Rendering. I however remain of the opinion that it is unlikely that this is an application issue. Maybe you could check the following: are all dashboard affected or only certain ones? does the issue occur also with ALV dashboard belonging to other applications (non-PPM)? does the issue occur in all browsers or only in certain browsers/versions? does the issue occur in NWBC, portal, standalone workcenter? all this information could help to narrow down the cause of the issue you are observing.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Actually, I compared both the clients and everything is same .

Maybe you could check the following: are all dashboard affected or only certain ones?

Only this particular dashboard in the screen shot I provided. And all users are having this issue.

does the issue occur also with ALV dashboard belonging to other applications (non-PPM)?

No.

does the issue occur in all browsers or only in certain browsers/versions?

All Browsers (IE 11 and Chrome)

does the issue occur in NWBC, portal, standalone workcenter?

It occurs in NWBC.

Point noticed just now: While testing, One of our user refreshed this dashboard and it shows full dashboard screen for a nano-second and then it becomes truncated.

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I can't really hazard a guess about what may be causing this system behaviour without checking it myself. Unless anyone else on this forum has an idea, I would suggest that you open a Customer Incident, so that my colleagues or I can have a look on your system.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your reply.

I have raised an OSS for it. No. : 240839

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I am back here with this issue on which you helped us .

Actually at that time it worked by some refresh of application tabs and re-assignment of them but the issue came back again today.

So, I am again like not convinced on the temporary solution done by our EP consultant.

So, could you please suggest us something on it if you have anything to add here.

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please return incident 240839 to SAP (or place a new one if that is not possible) ensuring to provide an example, so that we can resume root cause analysis.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I have opened a new OSS#127622.

Could you please look into our system and let us know the fix.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

We received solution from SAP on this:

SAP provided solution with Manual steps performed to fix it from Portal side:

Content Administration->Portal Content Management-> New PPMRoles->PPM->PPM Items-> (Search for property*Height*) and set following properties:

Height Type -> Fixed

Fixed Height (Pixels) -> 500

Height of External Window (Pixels) -> 750

Maximum Automatic Height (Pixels) -> 1000

And it worked!Thank you very much!

In addition to that, I wanted to know if there is any document,SAP note, blog that talks about these settings and its applications.

Best Regards

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I'm wondering about these suggestions. Let me bring in some thoughts:

- The settings of fixed height - both 500/750 px - are default values of SAP delivered content. The maximum automatic height is even 5000px.

- The interesting part is the 'height type'. In SAP standard the default value is 'Full Page'. So it keeps me wondering, that this value doesn't work but the value 'Fixed'. Maybe there is another misconfiguration of your portal content, so only 'fixed' will work. But if there are no other problems which occur in regression testing, you can live with height type 'fixed'.

As these settings are general iView properties and not PPM specific have a look to this documentation about iView properties (and editing iViews):

iView Properties - Portal - SAP Library

br,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is addressed & resolved.

We refreshed the application tabs after reassigning them and it worked.

Thanks a lot Francesco for helping me out here and in OSS too.

Closing the thread now.

BR

Saurabh