cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~singletransaction webgui parameter let Transaction Iview show logout message on alternate click

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing the strange issue in portal 7.4 implementing the transaction iView.

The user has requirement to display the SAVE button on transaction Iview which is based on SAP GUI for HTML.

So I added the ~Webgui_simple_toolbar parameter in Webgui parameters which now additionally show the BACK and CANCEL button.

Now as the BACK button is bundled with SAVE button and when user click on BACK button it took the user to initial screen where they can access the EASY ACCESS MENU.

In order to stop this we added the another GUI parameter ~singletransaction = 1

Now here the issue starts

In DEV box this is working fine but in QA box the application show the logoff message on every alternate click.

(Below the steps in details for your reference)

Kindly help on this issue.

BR,

SHobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Issue get solved by SAP. Here is the correct answer.

1. Specific to our scenario: We are getting this issue due to the fact one of the portal component EP RUNTIME 7 SP 9 wasn't installed properly in QA. Some of the Ajax framework page Development component of the EP RUNTIME business package was missing in DEV as compare to QA.

So SAP has suggest to reinstall the EP RUNTIME 7 SP9 Business package as per the steps suggested in note 1921719. Which has solved our problem.

Option 2: AS suggested by SAP that ~singletransaction is not supported by portal, it is recommended to copy the Webgui service to a new service( 1 or more) and maintain all desired parameter for each transaction that you want to integrate or accessed from portal.

Example. You have 2 transaction to be integrated in portal Z1 & Z2

Now copy Webgui service from ITS to new Services Z1_gui & Z2_Gui and maintain the required

configuration parameters.

Z1_GUI

~singletransaction 1

~transaction Z1

Z2_GUI

~singletransaction 1

~transaction Z2

Activate the services above.

Part 2: Now instead of creating transaction iview in portal, you can created IAC iview refering to these services and this has solved my Webgui click issue.

Thanks again for all experts who suggested me the solution in this forum.

BR,

Shobhit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

another possible option is to set the parameter

'Redirect to URL' in SICF for the WEBGUI service so instead of this logoff page you have a static information page instructing end users that they must select the menu option again. - but you would still have this "two click" process to navigate to the second service.

See the note:

2129766 SAP GUI for HTML: Blank page or unexpected result after end of session

Regards,

Oisín

Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is I have more than 60+ applications on transaction Iview and it is not possible to create IAC service for each application.

I checked the notes but nothing is solving my problem.

Kindly help.

BR,

Shobhit

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

You will have to adopt the IAC services if you really need the issue resolved. There is no standard way of doing what you want, except via IACs.

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shobhit,

You should consider, for this specific case, create an IAC iView - copying the WEBGUI service to a new service. Then, in the new service, play around GUI Configuration parameters and values.

Note that if you change the WEBGUI service, then all transaction iViews will have the same behavior, including the drawback of using ~singletransaction=1 (which means, if you leave the transaction, you will be logged off the system!).

In the IAC iView you can have more customized items - you can then play around ~webgui_simple_toolbar and try finding a better value to suit your needs.

More on ~webgui_simple_toolbar:

SAP note 1010519 - SAP GUI for HTML: Simplified title area without menu and command field

SAP KBA 2235007 - How to hide the OkCode field using ~webgui_simple_toolbar

More on ~singletransaction:

SAP note 959417 - You use Integrated ITS, and want to set the system so that the session closes when a transaction ends.

SAP KBA 2025109 - Clicking on BACK button leads to SAP Easy Access page

Kind regards,
Cris