cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about safety stock method BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am new to the APO .  Could someone help me on this issue?

I am testing safety stock method AS/BS .

AS works fine. But BS does not work.  Safety stock is reflected in the planning book.

I use the same way as i i did for AS.  Set safety stock method_BS in product master and then go to Safety stock planning, click execute. Planning area is 9ASNP05.

It just does not work.

2. Second question is :

if I set the target days' supply to 5 days. And use safety stock method SZ to set safety days' supply to 5 days. Why most of the time target stock level is great than safety stock.

My understanding is I set them all to "5 days"  which means target stock level should cover next 5 days'' demand and safety stock should also cover 5 days' demand.  So they should be  the same.

Could someone give me any advice?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Michael,

The answer your second question, I assume you are running location heuristics in the data view. In that case, Safety stock is calculated based on Shipping calendar of the location whereas Target Stock level is calculated based on Receiving calendar of the location.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot  AK~

Your answer is very clear. 

Regards,

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

See SAP Note 504253 for information about the standard methods SB, SZ, SM, MB, MZ, and MM.

Also refer SAP consulting note    617567 - Prerequisites for extended safety stock planning

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I just realized that it is because the target days' supply is too high.

The higher the target days' supply the lower safety stock is.  When target days' supply is too high, safety stock will become 0.

But I do not understand why.

There is info about this in guide: During the reorder point method BS the system uses the target days’ supply from the location product master data to calculate the purchase order quantity.

Could someone explain this? 

Thanks

Michael