cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding logic to TAO scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried adding conditional logic to TAO scripts? If yes, I'd appreciate some insight on how one goes about doing this. One classic t-code I always have problems with is ME21N/ ME51N - Document overview on/ off. If the script was recorded with 'Document overview Off', the script fails if the overview happens to be turned on when launched. Would it be possible to add logic to the recorded script/ component stating "if document overview is on, then turn it off" and then proceed with the remaining steps in the recording?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

We can handle by using Custom Function Creation.

Please let me know if you want code for the same.

Regards,

Dasaratha.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dasaratha,

Yes I would definitely be interested in viewing the code. I attempted to do this using the Execute Statement and code in CBASE Custom file but couldn't get it to work. Although the SetCondition statement is a good option, I was not able to get it to work for the Document Overview button since the URI of the button changes depending on whether the document overview is On or Off.

So yes, I would appreciate if you could share the custom code to fix this.

Thanks!

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done using the 'SetCondition' default component delivered by SAP. Details are provided in the SAP TAO 3.0 default components guide.