cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to assign a different user for inbound email service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 3 clients in my system and I want to each one of them to have inbound email capability through SMTP. I have created three virtual hosts and assigned them correctly in SICF. I have also created three system users, on each client (1,2, and 3 for simplicity's sake).

However, when I go into SICF, say for client 2, my default user is marked as being the user from client 1. Why is this defaulted like this? Both client 1 and client 2 users have the same user name. Can I just manually change the client number and assume that it will not overwrite any back-end configuration for the user?

I am seeing this behavior in SICF -> SAPCONNECT service -> Logon Data Tab. Client is listed as 1 even though I am in client 2!

Appreciate any assistance!

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is helpful. So SICF is cross-client. So that tells me that I need to create a new SMTP host for every host beyond SAPConnect.

SAPConnect is a default SMTP host that comes with SAP ECC out of the box. I can use this one for my first client. However, I will need to create a new SMTP host for the other clients.

I will also need to have a separate user in each client in order to be able to use the service.

My question has been resolved.

Thanks Yuksel!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.Hello Esteban,

As far as I know SICF definitions are cross client.

But scot definition is cliecnt dependent.

If I understood your problem you can define different ports for each client's SMTP ports. And activate them. Then on each client you can activate SCOT.

Your mail administrators can forward mails of each client to different ports.

You can define recipient adrersses like this.

user1@client1.SID

user1@client2.SID

user1@client3.SID

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR