cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.30 - filter on dimensions not working

0 Kudos

Hello,

I just updated my SAP Lumira to version 1.30, and tried to use the new feature to filter dimensions while working with BW queries. I tried to do it with 2 different queries. I see the filter symbol available for the dimensions, but when I click on it, nothing happens. No errors, no messages, nothing. Is anybody else facing the same issue? How can I solve this problem, please?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Leonardo Frossati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

A fresh installation did the trick. I uninstalled Lumira, deleted all the folders related to it, rebooted my computer and did a new installation of Lumira 1.30. Now the filter is working.

Thank you everybody for your support.

Best regards,

Leonardo

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the screenshot:

I see the filters in the dimensions, but nothing happens when I click on it. Like suggested by the other colleague, I will wait a little bit longer after clicking to check if it works... however, it is strange... for the "Billing Type", for example, we have only 5 or 6 possible values... it shouldn't take too long to display the filter screen.

Thanks,

Leonardo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when the response to the click is 'hanging'  it would be worth you analyzing the work-process activity on the BW-side (SM50 for example)

What's going on there?    There could be wait time due to authorization checks or other exit routines that are being processed against your SAP user.

also, what's the version of your BW ?  are you up to date with corrections to BICS API component?

regards
H

0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

We are using SAP BW version SAPKW74012.

In the SM50 (BW side) I see only this process

I don't know if it helps. I am a SD analyst, so maybe I need to ask my colleagues responsible for the BW system to analyze it in detail.

About the corrections of the BICS API component, is there a SAP note related to it, so we can check if it is up to date?

Thanks

Regards,

Leonardo

0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to add some comments, I did other tests, but even working with queries with few data, the filter is not working. I waited like 2 or 3 minutes after clicking on it, but nothing happens. I also enabled the JCO tracing, and there is an exception in the file:

main [15:11:44:706]: Destination R26:session-24330106296806) called on provider com.sap.conn.jco.rt.FileDestinationsDataProvider could not be created: File C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\.\R26:session-24330106296806.jcoDestination does not exist.  stack trace

java.lang.RuntimeException: File C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\.\R26:session-24330106296806.jcoDestination does not exist.

I am not sure if it helps or not, but I can provide the whole file if needed.

I am also thinking to do a fresh install of the Lumira 1.30, instead of updating the previous version, and try again.

Thanks,

Loenardo

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonardo - some other ideas/suggestions

1) run transaction RSRT on BW query

2) maybe have BW DBA check the indices on the cube/provider - agree that items with small values shouldn't take so long

A fresh install of Lumira sounds like a good idea too

0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I have understood.

In fact the filter function is working but I need to wait 40 seconds (or more) without clicking anywhere.

We should add a "loading icon".

0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

I have the "filter" button but nothing happened when I'm clicking on it.

I can't see the Filter Window.

I'm connecting on BW of SAP Solution Manager SP14. The issue appears whatever the cube.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would you be able to add some image showing the problem. Also what's datatype of the filter, this can help us to check that out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of 0SM_BPM cube, i would like to filter "Job schedule date", "Job start Time" or Job Name. When I try to click on the "filter" button, they are no new window to select the filter. Nothing happen. The button seems to be inactive.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried it against an InfoCube and it works

The only difference between your screen shot and mine is I have aggregations on my measures - could you check your cube.

I recommend using a BEx query if you can

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is standard cube provided by SAP.

I have done a second test. Same issue.

I have tried to make Lumira with the bat file provided in SAP Note 2220451.

Not sure if it was linked to my issue but I have the following error :

Message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sPath' of undefined

Source: http://127.0.0.1:55036/sap/bi/bundles/sap/bi/da/extension/bwoffline/BwObjectChooserView.view.js

Line: 1137

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the name of the standard infocube?  I would like to try

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using 0SM_BPM (Multiprovider).

I have done the test with 0SMJPMDC1 (Infocube) and it is working

It seems it is not possible to filter a multiprovider ?

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please confirm the type of characteristics you are trying to filter on ?

Thanks,

Ramu.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo,

Would you be able to add some image showing the problem. Also what's datatype of the filter, this can help us to check that out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leonardo - I am not experiencing any issues, even with old BW queries - see below

Maybe you can use the camera icon to share your experience?