Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP Receiver Channel - PGPEncryption

neilpadilla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am currently testing an SFTP interface using the 'PGPEncryption' adapter module.

I have configured the parameters as seen on the below screenshot. Let me know if it is not correct.

The keys I am using are generated using a PuTTYgen.

When I trigger a file going to to the SFTP server, I am encountering the following error.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.adapter.pgp.ejb.api.util.InvalidConfigurationException: No public key with encryption capability found in '/temp/public_test.pub'.Can't find encryption key in key ring.

Could you help me out with this? Did I missed a step?

Regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

The keys that you are using are open ssh keys .These keys are used to authenticate to a SFTP server. They cannot be used for PGP encryption (Atleast thats what I know). Please generate a PGP encryption key with .asc or .gpg format ( You can use GnuPg tool to achieve this easier).
Since this is a receiver channel, you need to get the Encryption public key from the receiver.

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil ,

I faced the same issue long back and was due to either  passphrase or keys provided where incorrect.

Request you to please check correct credentials .

Also you can debug your issue by using below tool to encryt or decryt the message

link:  https://www.igolder.com/pgp/decryption/ .

Let me know if this was helpful or you still require some details.

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

The public key you are using is not a PGP key. If you want to confirm it whether it is indeed encrypting data, check it out using some test tool (like iGolden website). There type some phrase for encryption like Hello, then paste your public key and test it. I doubt if it would work correctly.

You can also use the mentioned website (for testing purpose) to generate a test pgp key and then put it in the pi folder and then try encryption

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

The public key you received from SFPT vendor?

Make sure it falls under any of the algorithm mentioned in the below link

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

If you generate your keys using the following method it should work out for you.  The module expects the keys to be in a particular format which you can generate if you follow the below blog:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Generating+ASCII+Armored+PGP+Key+Pairs?original_fqdn=wiki.s...

Regards,

Ryan Crosby