SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Billing Plan (statistical) payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new into Budget billing plan procedures and I have some doubts on how should the amounts be cleared in the BBP statistical procedure.

I set a clearing restriction (1) to the BBP request transactions so that the requested amouts are only cleared during invoicing, this makes all payments posted to the customer account as On-account payments and manual clearing have to be executed to clear payments against the periodic consumption invoice.

-> is this the process correct ?

Otherwise, is there a way to have these payments taken into accounts when invoicing (deducted from the periodic bill)? if so, could somone guide me through the customizing activities to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance

Karim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I hope you are talking about the Budget Billing Procedure 1, where in you post Statistical items through FPDUDC, and based on the Configuration in posting area 1010, its getting posted with Clearing restriction 1.

Now, items with clearing restriction 1 doesn't gets cleared automatically and any payments/credits posted will sit as an payment on account.

During the next Invoicing run,the clearing restrction 1 gets removed and there is an account mainatainance run, which clears the statistical items.

You have to configure the clearing variant for executing the account mainatanance in SPRO based on the clearing type.

IMG-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Open Item Management-->Clearing Control-->Define Specifications for Clearing Types-->Define Specifications for IS-U Invoicing

During invocing, run, the FM, ISU_INV_BBP_PAYMENT_ACTION gets triggerred which decides the payment activity based on the budget billing plan procedure.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

There are so many links you can refer to start with.

Please see below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/61/7dce53118d4308e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?frames...

Regards,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

Thank you for your answer, I did follow these documentation to configure my scenario, but the amounts payments part is not very clear to me, nothing related to how payments will be cleared (whether they are posted as On-account, or dedected from periodic bill) is mentionned.

Reagrds

Karim

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karim,

Payment scheme are also statistical budget billing procedure. In this the clearing takes place via FPMA transaction provided the ID starts with PS. Not too sure if it is useful for your scenario.

Regards,
Rahul

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I hope you are talking about the Budget Billing Procedure 1, where in you post Statistical items through FPDUDC, and based on the Configuration in posting area 1010, its getting posted with Clearing restriction 1.

Now, items with clearing restriction 1 doesn't gets cleared automatically and any payments/credits posted will sit as an payment on account.

During the next Invoicing run,the clearing restrction 1 gets removed and there is an account mainatainance run, which clears the statistical items.

You have to configure the clearing variant for executing the account mainatanance in SPRO based on the clearing type.

IMG-->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable-->Basic Functions-->Open Item Management-->Clearing Control-->Define Specifications for Clearing Types-->Define Specifications for IS-U Invoicing

During invocing, run, the FM, ISU_INV_BBP_PAYMENT_ACTION gets triggerred which decides the payment activity based on the budget billing plan procedure.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

This is correct, I figured out that I have an error in posting area 0020 that was preventing the clearing of BBP amounts against payments.

Then I enabled account maintenance in invoicing and this fixed my issue.

Thanks you guys for your help.

Regards

karim