Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira documents in Mobile categories

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Environment : BI 4.1 SP6 and Lumira server for BIP 1.29

What are the access levels / procedures need to publish / deny lumira documents access in iPad.

What we observed is Lumira documents are appearing in mobile even though we are not assigning to any category .

does all the lumira docs in user favourites and inbox will appear in mobile ,even they are not assigned ?

is there any way to check which lums documents have rights to appear in mobile ?

I'm sure I'm missing something ! .Please guide.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should work the same way as other apps - say webi. The documents that show up depend on the user rights. There is no other way to restrict the lums file access in mobile? E.g.; are you able to limit webi docs? If you are, Lumira should work the same way.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Join us for Lumira Social Hour April 14, 2016

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek ,

Thank you for reply .

Incase of webi and dashboards we should explicitly assign to a category to view them in mobile ,

where as for lumira , they are appearing without assigning to mobile category .

In most of the cases , all reports should not be going to mobile . we should restrict them to appear in mobile .

Thank you.

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sateesh,

Please check BI Mobile for iOS Admin Guide: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/631_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf, chapter 10.

You need to edit <SAP BusinessObjects Installation directory> \Tomcat\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\classes\internal\lumira.properties, and change the document.category.relevant property to True.

Regards,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have lumira.properties. However, I have the properties for webi,crystal,explorer,xcelcius. Is this could be the reason  that I am unable to view stories in IPad? but I am able to view thru BI launch pad though.

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

The issue is most likely due to the fact that the "Lumira Mobile Services" are not installed on your web-tier server.

This happens because the "Lumira Mobile Services" is a new feature in LS4BIP 1.29. Therefor, if you've upgraded from a previous version, this new feature is not installed by default. You'll need to run a modify install on your web-tier to add the "Lumira Mobile Services" to your Tomcat, basically the installer will modify your "MobileBIServer" web app and create Lumira-related files.

To check if you have "Lumira Mobile Services" installed on your web-tier, go to the server via remote desktop, then go to Control Panel -> Program and Features, select the first version of LS4BIP installed, and click "Uninstall/Change". When the installer launches, select "Modify" and check which component(s) is selected.

This is documented in KBA 2261125 - How to view Lumira documents in BI Mobile

Regards,

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is unchecked for Mobile Web applications, Do I need to check and continue ?

alan_han
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes please. Make sure you are doing the modify install on your web-tier node where Tomcat is installed. If you have multiple nodes for web-tier, you need to repeat the same steps on all of them.

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Han ,

We are facing opendocument issue with lumira applications .

In our environment we have 2 app servers and 2 webservers . Load balancer is configured on web servers.

opendocument is configured in CMC based on appserver1 . This is working for webi and other applications .

when I try to get the document link / opendoc link for lumira and run this is throwing HTTP 404 error.

we suspect since the web application content files are installed in web servers , the files related to opendoc are not updated in app server .So that opendoc is not working with application server url.

can you guide us to resolve this .

Thank you.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sateesh, please create a new Discussion. The

ask for one topic per Discussion.

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the SAP Mobile BI Help at http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/631_mobiOS_User_en.pdf - starting on page 35 - it will answer your questions

"Mobile and MobileDesigned categories are ignored for Lumira content"

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy ,

can we restrict the lums file access in mobile ?

We have lot of .lums file in environment and by default all of them appearing in mobile . Few users only wants them in iPad , others should be able to access from desktop.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see how that is possible today; perhaps others have suggestions or ideas