cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find and contract moderator of this group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if you let me know who is responsible as moderator of SD group and how can I contact him / her? A reply of mine is rejected by moderator and I am really disappointed!

I read it again and I could not find any think which my reply as been rejected because. I had asked about any reference to a topic but I do not understand why because of this reason my reply has been rejected. Would you please let me know which item of "SCN Rules of Engagement" is related to my post at

So my question is how should I ask for support of senior consultants? Should they provide me in detail during their reply? Why they should not mention a useful link, standard course name or even a book name related to my topic?!

Thanks for your reply in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Consultant,

SAP Consultant name?

Anyways, it seems like you were little upset the way your one of your response was treated in SCN in following discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3883012

I hope you looked at the thread rejection comment. That clearly states the reason.

"Asking for step by step procedures, books, links. videos are not allowed. Please don't treat SCN as help-center or training center. Kindly avoid posting open-ended question instead, be specific."

Did you any chance put effort to look into th SAP Help for the help. Or you simply want to get spoonfeed with information on training or consulting expertise. Let me reemphasize again. SCN is not an alternative to regular training or help center for dumping your requirement. Most the collaborators are voluntary. If you are specfic to your requirement and get help. Then please help yourself first.

Moreover, I don't think it is difficult to know, who all are the Space Moderator. To see that please look at homepage of the relevant and under the overview section you can get corresponding Moderator names mentioned.

Thanks,

JP

SAP SD Space Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

If you are considering SD group and you have rejected my reply, I would mention YES I read the thread rejection comment and I surprised. So I asked which part of "Rule of Engagement" says I cannot ask for a reference?

My question is not an open-end question but it is general because I have no specific error or technical issue at the moment. It is clear I have a requirement and I am looking for SAP best practice in this case.

So in reply of I mentioned yes I know about product allocation, even I have implemented it in IDES and although I had some technical error during implementation it, my doubt is how product allocation might be a solution and I could not realized it. So I asked him as an senior and experienced consultant in this issue to give me some more references because I could not find any valuable.

So why should my reply reject by moderator?

Thanks for your reply again,

SC

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In my opinion, you are taking it too far. Your discussion is still open for further discussion.

-

It's only one response of yours from above discussion. Where you were clearly asked for training videos & links.

why should my reply reject by moderator?

Well, I have already explained, why your post was rejected. Please refer following statement again:

Asking for step by step procedures, books, links. videos are not allowed. Please don't treat SCN as help-center or training center.

Moreover, refer following points from the SCN RoE for your perusal and action to act:

- Be yourself.

- Search before you post.

- Avoid external links.

Also, refer "More about Copyright" section who and what one can share?

Please make the best use of your discussion for further interaction.

Thanks, JP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how should I ask for support of senior consultants?

By clearly explaining what exactly the Business requirement is and what efforts you made in achieving the desired result.  This will help the members to assist you in a better way.

Should they provide me in detail during their reply?

Not necessary. 

Why they should not mention a useful link, standard course name or even a book name related to my topic?!

As JP rightly said, this is not a tutorial college to provide step by step documentation.  Knowing SCN rules, it is not fair to post a query in SCN without taking any efforts from your side and SCN is expecting all members to have self-discipline.    Members can only show you the way and it is up to you to decide whether to go by that direction or to take a different path

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moving discussion from to