cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Adapter monitor in PI 7.0

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a File to Proxy simple scenario where I need to monitor the Proxy(XI) adapter , Start and Stop the Proxy Communication Channel in Adapter Engine in PI 7.0 (Old Version)

I am not finding the Comm Channel in Comm Channel Monitoring, How can I start and Stop Proxy(XI) Receiver Comm channel  in PI 7.0

Thanks & Regards

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

This is not a good idea to stop a receiver channel even in the async scenarios. It is usually a better choice to stop the poll in the sender side, you can overload the PI or the ECC system if you have a queue with a large number of messages waiting to be processed.

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI adapter reside in abap stack of PI so you cannot monitor in communication channel monitor this is for only adapters reside in Java stack of PI, why you want to stop and start the proxy channel what error are you getting? You can find error information in sxi_monitor transaction in abap stack of PI

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks for your reply

actually we have two business systems for the same communication channel whenever i am triggering the channel it is pointing to the first business system for that sake i am planning to stop the first business system  communication channel.

could you please let me know how to deactivate the proxy communication channel.

please find the attached screenshot.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

In the identifiers tab you can set the channel inactive.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

thanks for your reply.

there is no option to stop in identifiers tab.

Best regards,

Hari.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You said your scenario is file to proxy so in the receiver determination you can specify the correct business system(for example if you have two business systems like ED1400 and ED1500 if you want to stop going to ED1400 dont mention this business system in receiver determination)  then the message will go to respective business system only.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I'm sorry, that tab never contains the Adapter Status. I had a PI 7.0 and i don't find any way to set inactive the channel, i wonder about to force an error in the channel, like to set a wrong parameters connection, later you can reactivate de messages manually from monitoring, but i don' t like this way .

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Pravenn,

thank you so much for your reply.

appreciate your inputs.

i have provided the correct business system details in the receiver agreement and now it is  working fine now.

the issue has been solved

Best regards,

Hari.