cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control not updated itself

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are using overall budgeting with availability control activated to 80% and 100% in Overall as well as Released Budget and creating commitments through ME51N , Issue is every time we update the original budget CJ30 we are required to run CJBN and CJEN , i tried with Supplement Budgeting also but that too populates the same error of "Budget Exceeding" even though it has sufficient budget.

Please suggest.

Regards

Abhishek Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

2257155 - KO30/CJBV do not activate availability control.

2263077 - Missing or unjustified messages for availability control for releases.

with these notes we have resolved the issue .

Regards

Abhishek singh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Abhishek

Confirm that you have not done any change in the Budget profile after the project was created

another point is you might have activated the availability control after some cost was captured over to the project.

in this scenario it is advisable that you revoke the entire budgeting status and then again budget it and activate AVAC.i am sure it shall work in this case. try it in ides client prior to change in development

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This should not come always, check for possible SAP notes, i got below note, which looks like a collection of multiple issues, check it.

1532931 - Budget Overrun/ Exceeded

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

Thanks for your reply i have already gone through that Note and that has worked too but my problem is every time when i update the original Budget i need to process all the steps again or sometimes it worked after running CJEN and CJBN .

Is it normal that when ever you are changing the Original budget you are required to run these steps?

Regards

Abhishek singh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, that's not a standard behavior.

If you update in CJ30 to 1000 and then in CJ20n if it exceeds 1000, it will trigger an message.

Is AVAC is active for your WBS element ?

Additionally refer to below note

1245966 - Activating the availability control for activation type 1

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes AVAC is active and working fine also , when we made any update in the original Budget system and try to raise commitment system is considering the previous budget and populates the error of Budget Exceed till we run the CJEN and CJBN, its not updated itself.

Regards

Abhishek singh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, this should not occur. So we need to understand whether some thing is stopping the update.

Check whether this issue occurs for all projects, also check whether there is any process or custom program needs to be done, since they might have stopped the automatic budget calculation.

In case if you are able to replicate the scenario, raise a OSS note to SAP for fixing it.

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

We are facing this issue after upgrading the system from SP4 to SP11 earlier this was working fine.

I have raised the incident to SAP as well.

Regards

Abhishek singh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Share us what resolution SAP provides. Have you checked below note

1606591 - Unjustified error messages when entering budgets or releases

Regards

Terence

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your efforts , root cause of the issue is Budget is not updated itself, every time you are updating the budget and release you are required to run CJEN and CJBN otherwise system is considering the earlier Budget only.

Sure i will share the resolution .

Regards

Abhishek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please implement  note 166394 and try it. Hope it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Pradeep