Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter for Date not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Happy Easter.

I am new to SAP HANA and just started developing some Information model. In one scenario I am trying to create a filer for Sales data for year 2011 and maintained it properly. But the data preview shows unexpected results. Its shows result for all years.

Can any one confirm why its showing such result.

Regards

Rebecca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rebecca,

the problem is that you are not working with a date type, but you are expecting the result as working with a date type. Because your date is in a column with type NVARCHAR the rules for alphanumeric values are applied.

To get the expected result use a date type column (or convert your character value to a date type with a conversion function to be able to apply the flter).

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Many thanks for the input.

So now I tried to do from scratch. Tried to import the excel file with Date column maintained in YYYY-MM-DD and date type as DATE in my HANA table.  But the upload is not happening.

Batch from record 2 to 75 failed

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

at java.sql.Date.strict_valueOf(Date.java:176)

at java.sql.Date.valueOf(Date.java:135)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.bi.filedataupload.deploy.populate.PopulateSQLTable.populateTable(PopulateSQLTable.java:107)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.bi.filedataupload.ui.job.FileUploaderJob.uploadFlatFile(FileUploaderJob.java:201)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.bi.filedataupload.ui.job.FileUploaderJob.run(FileUploaderJob.java:61)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Regards

Rebecca

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The import should be able transform your date values into the date format. Can you show the mapping done during the import?

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I think that you are using Source File in *.xlsx format.

Can you please chage the format to *.CSV and try again.

Thanks & Regards,

Muthuram

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

xlsx works also in newer versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Could you try creating the table directly while doing the File upload instead of populating the value post table creation? You could then compare the data types just to rule out if this is occuring due to a mismatch of data type. Else it's a bug and you raise this as an incident to the Modeler development team.

Regards,

Nihal

Answers (0)