cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File transfer without design content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the responses.I have a new scenario with me.

Scenario : We came to know that in XI, with out defining any design content, the file transfer can be achieved. This way, the scenario can be configured directly in Integration Directory.

1. Is this possible and true?

2. Is it possible for transferring files upto 1MB-20MB size?

Good blogs explaining the above scenario will be higly helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Younus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

yes its possible with any size of file.

have a look at the following

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

thanx

ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the immediate help.

I was able to successfully excute the scenario but have problems while transferring file with 10MB and larger size.

The error displayed is:

Error Category INTERNAL

Error Code CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED

I need to transfer files with sizes 10MB........20MB.

Need your help.

Thanks once again.

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For files of very large size, SAP advises to use third party tools like ItemField.

They are good for cases which involve very large files, or for extremely complex transformations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4b/a20c4cfea96b498b1e1af3f32f0670/frameset.htm

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it can be done.

If you want a direct file transfer, why do you need XI? You can write a simple shell script to do the transfer. It is not a case where use of XI is justified.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

See the below links

How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

also

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/07/18/java-mapping-an-alternate-way-of-reading-a-csv-file

Regards

Chilla