cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection is Required for this Material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts,

While changing the Delivery date in PO, i received said error " Quality inspection is Required for this Material "

Purchase order created back dated  23.01.2016

Material Activated with QM ( mm02 ) 02.03.2016

Please advise how to overcome this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kushal,

Please can you confirm what is the error message number, for this error? Please also confirm if you use Quality info record while purchasing that materials and you are trying to use a Delivery Date in PurOrd which is more than the QM activation date for the material.

If you can simulate this issue in Sandbox/Quality/Development system, and you 'Do Not' change the delivery date, then do you face any issue during GR now? If you change the delivery date in PO with any previous dates than 02.03.2016, then are you having any issues while saving it in PurOrd record or facing any issues while trying to do GR.

If the above two logic is working, then I believe you may not be allowed to update the PurOrd record beyond the QM inspection activate date as the material master data were already flicked to PurOrd specific tables. You have to complete the remaining steps for GR for the above scenario, and next time onwards when a new PurOrd is created you will not face this issue.

Also, please look forward for some other inputs from other esteemed experienced consultants.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the revert.

Is it possible if i untick the QM check on Material master level & deactivate the inspection plan & reverse the release strategy and check trying to change a delivery date.

Secondly if above still not possible , in this case user will not accept to cancel the PO & recreate / re-grn.

Is there a report where i can check before activating QM on material master so that above issue dose appears again.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, though you haven't shared the error message number to check, but it seems to be standard message, and there will not be much notes/programs to fix this process deviation.

I believe you may not need to reverse all things like QM activation / plans / release strategy, etc. or cancel the PurOrd completely, but you should try testing the PurOrd with a GR date prior to the QM activation date only. If you use any other dates after QM activation dates, then that may not work. Because, I think system will try to re-update the GR dates and other values in PurOrd specific tables and now it will find QM setup, which was not there before, and keep throwing error.

Ideally, before activation of QM, you should have checked there may not be open items for your material, as they always put hurdles in the way.

As I do not have a test system right now to recreate your scenario so I will suggest you to double-check it in your test system and then confirm.

Also please research a bit more in SCN for any better clues if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Issue is now resolved.

As QM was Activated in Middle & while changing Delivery date i was getting error " Quality inspection is required for this material "

I changed the Stock type from unrestricted to Inquality in purchase order at Item detail tab.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. Good job.