cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity check 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am New to this Forum and Currently i am Working as SAP MM/WM, i have an Issue Regarding Capacity Check per Quantity.

I want to Maintain certain no of Quantity in Each Bin Example; Each Bin in Each Storage Type should have only 1000 Pc and anything above 1000 Pcs system should throw and Error at the time of Goods issue and Transfer between Bins.

I Have Maintain all the Necessary Configuration, i am missing Some were, please help me.

Want to Control in Each Bin only Specific Quantity and if anything goes over that in that storage bin for that Storage Types system should throw an Error.

Thanks and Regards

S Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am Still looking for Answer, can some body Post

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As previously advised, have a look at OSS note 392776 and in particular, capacity check 5 or 6.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Coles

thanks for the Note i have gone through and found that below Description.

hen you define the storage unit types, you can define a capacity consumption for each storage unit type. During putaway, the system then determines from the total capacity or the remaining capacity of the bin and from the capacity of the storage unit whether a putaway is possible. This inspection method is only useful if several storage units are allowed for each bin. Never use the inspection method 5 in conjunction with the putaway strategy I (addition to existing stock). An addition to existing stock would not generate a new storage unit, but add to an existing storage unit. The capacity consumption would not change in this case.

CAn you please Let me know the configuration for this

1. Storage Type should 5 and Activate it

2. Master data --- what i need to Maintain,

3. Storage Bin LS10 any thing i need to maiintain for Bin

I want to Achive this by Quantity only

I appreciate your Response

thanks and Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This could take some time.

Do you always receive your materials in full SU qty's or do you also receive part SU qty's ? If part qty's, are these assigned to a different SU type ??

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Coles

We always receive in full quantity but some times when goods receipt is done it might 10full Pallet of SU and one partial Pallet of SU. There will be both the things Cole.

I want to.achieve each storage bin with quantiy basis

1. SU activated

2. One batch is only allowed in one bin and in that bin multiple SU will be there.

3. Same bin can have quality and unrestricted too.

Doesn't mind any inspection method, I hope can you please help me in this.

Thank Coles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'll try but the problem is you want to manage it by numbers rather than weight or volume and as such, it will be difficult as different materials will consume different capacities.

Option 1 - Capacity Check 4  ( I have used a version of this, but used material and bin weights rather than Qty's)

Within the material master WM1 tab, you will need to maintain the capacity for each material as per the base unit of measure in the Capacity usage field. This is a neutral figure so keep it simple, for example, the capacity usage for a material with a base unit of measure = EA = 1.

Then within the Bin master, maintain the total capacity = the number of EA's allowed in the bin

******* Please note though that unless your all your materials are of the same size (which I doubt) this will cause problems when the bin becomes empty and you placement strat 'L' receipts a different material into the bin. *********

Option 2 - Capacity Check 5     (I've not used this myself so you will need to test)

Maintain the actual capacity usage of the SUT within the SU Master (this is the actual capacity used by the physical SU either weight or volume). Again maintain the capacity with the material master per base UoM using either weight or volume, but consistent with the SU capacity usage.

Maintain the max capacity of the bin remembering again to be consistent with either weight/volume.

Like I say, you will need to fully test as there is every likelihood that I have overlooked something.

Cheers

A

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Could you please refer this note 392776 which provides further information about the capacity check and it specifies for the capacity check 3, mixed storage should not be allowed. So, I would request you to change the customization and retest.

Also, please refer the note to get further information on how it works.

Thanks,
Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji

All my Warehouse in Storage unit Management Active and in my Storage Bin i may have more than one SU Pallet No, if in case if i change Mixed Storage Not allowed then how to Achive this. Suppose if i need to Allow Mixed Storage then any other Alternative for this Scenario.

My Storage bin will have Multiple SU in form of Pallets, will this allow if i remove Mixed Storage, i dont think so it will allow multiple Pallets

If i need to got to User Exit how can i achive this any idea.

thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balaji

I have Tested and if i remove mixed storage then how to put Stock of two different Pallets in to one Storage Bin and if more than 2 Pallets with SU No, System should Stop and Restrict Based on Quantity.

Storage Bin : 01-01-01  Total Qty =1000 Pcs, Palletization = 500 Pc One Pallet

My Requirement 01-01-01 500x2 Pallets ( 11111 and 22222 Storage unit Number ) and if 3rd Pallet 500 (33333) added system should Reject based on Quantity basis

For this what Configuration i need to do, i tried all but missing Something.

Your Answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Srinivas Reddy