cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding the Oracle restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have small query on oracle restore using BR TOOLS.

we are facing the below issue while restoring the production backup on the quality system.

our production backup location is /oracle/PRD/sapbackup

Quality backup location is /oracle/QRD/SAPBACKUP.

these mounts are not attached to all servers.

we have taken the backup its created three files 1. one folder with all data files.  2 backupprd. log  3. zyx.fnd file

I have moved the above thee files and archive log to target backup folder and renamed the backup<PRD>.log to backup<QRD>.log

Now when i restore on quality system saying that backup files not found... actually its searching the backup on /oracle/PRD/sapbackup from fnd file.

is there any way to avoid it. Or do I need to change path anywhere in backup files

I have seen so many blogs nowhere exact resolution is not mentioned

Log :

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data12.Z' to be restored not found

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data13.Z' to be restored not found

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data14.Z' to be restored not found

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data15.Z' to be restored not found

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data16.Z' to be restored not found

BR0443W File '/oracle/PRD/sapbackup/besukhbi/sr3.data17.Z' to be restored not found

But i have copied the files to /oracle/QRD/sapbackup/besukhbi with full permissions

Thanks,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share backup_<SID>.log , zyx.fnd along with alert_<SID>.log file from the system ? Addition to it are you getting restore code BR0460W during the restore process .

For the code you could follow SAP Note 17163 - BRARCHIVE/BRBACKUP messages and codes

BR0460W Termination message not found in %s - log file incomplete.

BR0460W Ende-Meldung nicht gefunden in %s - Protokoll unvollstaendig.

Explanation:  The message about the termination of the backup was not found in the backup log.

Case 1: The volume restored the log.

Case 2: You changed the log manually.

Program reaction:  Waits for confirmation that the process should continue.

User action:  Case 1: Continue processing. Case 2: Undo the manual changes, cancel the processing, and then repeat the process.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To restore to another database, please refer to SAP note:

1003028 - Extended support for database copy in BR*Tools

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. The issue has been resovled.

Regards,
Damodar