cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy with SAP_CUST Profile refreshed all the data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,, I am facing a problem. In our development system there is two client 110 and 120. Among this two,, 110 is customizing client and 120 is Unit test client. 110 was having latest configuration but no master/transnational data. And 120 is having also configuration( not all) and test master/transaction data. Now to make the configuration same to same I have done a client copy from 110 to 120(as 110 is having good and latest configuration). Profile selected  SAP_CUST. But after the client copy all the transaction and master data gone from 120 client. It was strange I always know that SAP_CUST will copy only the configuration... not wipe the Transaction/Master data... then how to resolve it? I need your help. Regards, Asaduzzaman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Asaduzzaman,

As you could see in Copy Profiles - Change and Transport System - SAP Library document "The customizing and application data is deleted in the target client before copying for all profiles except SAP_USER. This is technically unavoidable."

You can restore the old client from backup.

Orr you can copy the client from test or production system in order to have test data.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Answers (0)