cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reserve a product for a special customer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to reserve specific amount of a specific product for a specific customer or a group of customers for a specific period?

Imagine we are producing A and by reserving X unit of A for customer C I would when a sales order for product A is creating for a customer, system shall control the number of its amount to make sure by booking this order the number of remain units of product A will not be less than we have to keep for customer C.

I hope you find the requirement clear.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link how to reserve product for a special customer Material Reservation for selected customers ? | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had a look at the link you have mentioned but it seems in the reply which is marked as correct answer it is highlighted there is no relation with customer in MB21.

As I mentioned in my requirement I need make a reservation for a specific customer. This mean the reserved amount just can be used by this customer and no one else. By using reserved amount by customer, its quota must be decrease by system.

Meanwhile, I realized GATP (Global Availability To Promise) might be a solution. Have you ever heard about it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SC,

The standard solution for this type of requirement is Product Allocation.

Product Allocation - Availability Check and Requirements in Sales and Distribution Pr - SAP Library

You can configure Product allocation such that during Sales Order entry/change, the maximum quantity of confirmations are limited; according to specific characteristics in the Sales orders that you configure (such as customer).  These confirmation limits are defined by date.

Meanwhile, I realized GATP (Global Availability To Promise) might be a solution. Have you ever heard about it?

Yes I have heard about it.  GATP has its own Product Allocation solution, which has more features than ECC Product Allocation.  In addition, GATP permits combining Product Allocation with availability checking methods that do not exist in ECC.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.