cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server for BI & HANA

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused about what the requirements are for Lumira Server for BI. 

The BI Suite license was modified in January to allow a limited-use license for HANA to be used with Lumira Server.  But I just installed Lumira Server for BI on a BI4.1 test system, and successfully published content to it from Lumira desktop, without any use of HANA.  So I'm unsure what it is that I'm missing.  Is HANA not required for Lumira Server for BI, or is there some other functionality that i won't get unless I install it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HANA is not required for Lumira Server for BI Platform - please review the PAM / Product Availability Matrix

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/TIP/SAP%20Lumira/SAPLS4BIP_...

Tammy

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Tammy!

So I'm just curious then, what is the purpose of the limited-use HANA license?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe - I do not know anything about licenses...so I will defer to SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales may be the best to explain what this license is all about. However you do not need HANA to work with Lumira Desktop or Lumira Server. Consider HANA to be a "database" of sorts or a possible source of data for your application. So, guessing here, I'd think that the 'limited-use license for HANA to be used with Lumira Server" means you can only use Lumira Server to connect to HANA. E.g.; you may not be able to use CR or WEBI(?). Again, sales will be the place: 866-681-3435

WW office directory: http://www.sap.com/contactsap/directory/index.epx

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Join us for Lumira Social Hour April 14, 2016

Follow us on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Ludek!

I did confirm with our account manager that my reading of the updated license was correct.  So I guess my question was more around functionality and capability.  If we are using LS4BIP, what would we gain by adding HANA?  Would this be for the server repository, or to create a datamart that would only serve Lumira?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I mentioned before, you can think of HANA as a fancy store of data that Lumira can connect to and format the data to where it is understandable. Other than that, I am not sure what the account manager had in mind in terms of why HANA in your org.

- Ludek