cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: problem in Assign External Transport Requests

0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have a "normal change" with the state "in developement".

I add to change document an external transport request. Everything ok, but in the managed system the new TR is ready for import into test system and the normal change is still "in developement".

The expected behavior is that this happens after you set the action "pass normal change to test."

This failure creates many problems because we have a scheduled JOB that import the TR into test system.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Silvio

More info:

Solution Manager 7.1 SP13

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The issue is still open. Please, can someone help me?

Thank you so much.

S.

0 Kudos

Hi Silivio,

Can you please clarify whether enternal TR mean "created outside the ChaRM in Devlopment System" or "added in imort buffer of Development System".

For option 2 : I will recommend to create new TR in your dev box and after adding external TR in Dev import buffer, merge the object in new blank TR. Than you can continue with CD by moving that TR.

Since durig "Pass Change to Test", it release TR and import in QAS. Bt in your case TR is not available as released TR.

For Option 1 : You need to register TR through task list and than can b added to change document. Only thing we need to make sure that TR should be under modifiable state otherwise cann't be register in SolMan.

Regards,

Piyush Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

thanks for the reply.

We are in the option number 2 (added in import buffer of Development System) and imported in development system.

Your suggestion is right, but we can not be implemented for matters relating to the various development groups.

Why the TR is ready for import in test system (the CD is still "In Developement")?

Is correct behavior?

Can I change the action?

Thank's al lot

Silvio

0 Kudos

Hi Silivio,

This is general behavior of Transport Management, not having any relation with Change Request Management.

Lets take example, if any TR is imported in from Dev to QAS than by default it will be available in Production import buffer. So similar to your case if TR is imported in Dev system than it will be available in QAS import buffer and ChaRM consider those type of TR as ready for import.

From ChaRM side, it will be imported once you execute "Pass Change to Test".

Please let me know if it is clear to you.

Regards,

Piyush Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Piyus,

I thought that the external TR would have been transported when I do "Pass Normal Change to Test".

But clearly it is not so.

Thanks for the clarification.

Silvio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you implemented cCTS in your landscape, you should not have released the transport.

If you have implemented that you could have reassign the transport in that particular state of cd.

Now also try to change the state of CD it should work, if not try to do forcefully by

CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT

Thanks

Rishav

0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

thanks for the reply.

Have you implemented cCTS in your landscape:

Yes

You should not have released the transport:

TR released (This is necessary for an external TR)

If you have implemented that you could have reassign the transport in that particular state of cd:

The state of CD is ok. It is set "in developement" and it is right.  The problem is that the JOB matter TR in the test system, but should not.

I hope that I did understand better.

Thanks for support.

Silvio