cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block filter modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to dupplicate the same document 5 times, and to modify each copy just by changing values in filters.

Each of them being aimed at 5 different department within my company.

Is there a possibility to make those filters uneditable so that one end user from one department could not explore data concerning another department ?

Docs are published in BI platform.

Thx for your help !

Laurent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why don't you try out bookmarks in Lumira Introduced with 1.29. This may address your use case even without duplicating documents.

Also, 1.30 has support of bookmarks with open document links.

Regards

Ashutosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh for the reply.

I didn't know about this bookmarks feature. So many thanks !

I guess it could cover my need if only, in addition to bookmarks, we had the possibility to hide the filter bar, right from BI platform ? (so that users from department A have no possibility to visualize data from department B ?)

Is there another possibility to display a filtered view and to prevent user from editing filters ?

Regards

Laurent

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Today, with 1.30, there is no way you can disable/hide the filter bar for lumira documents in BI Platform.

What is the source you have been using? You may consider using prompts with open document links to achieve your use case.

Regards

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh ! It sounds good !

As I'm not an expert, would you mind to post an example of the syntaxe I should use to insert prompt into an open document link, and also the way it looks into my sql query ?

The source I use is MS SQL 2014

Thanks again !

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

You can have a universe created for your MS SQL 2014 source. And then enable prompts for your universe.

These prompts would be supported in open document links for 1.30. For details of open document support you can have a look at section 3.9 in User Guide

Regards,

Ashutosh