cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade runtime library from V. 1.22.5 to the latest ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried upgrading to 1.24.6 using SE38 > /UI5/UI5_UPLOAD_PATCH_TO_MIME, and got a blank screen with the following at the bottom left corner

Can I go from V 1.22.5 to 1.24.6 ?
There are volumes of SAP Notes which leads nowhere, any guide on this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Welly

the SAP Notes to look at are 1933498 & 2211016.These give you the NetWeaver release & support  pack mapping between the UI Add-on version on Gateway & the SAPUI5 version.

To upgrade a major version eg from 1.22 to 1.24 you must load the correct UI Add-on.  To upgrade above 1.28 you also need to upgrade to UI Add-on 2.0 on Netweaver 7.50.

To upgrade the minor SAPUI5 version eg from 1.28.1 to 1.28.12 follow the instructions in note 2118663. 

THe other note to watch is 2217489 which is the central note for the maintenance & update strategy of UI Add-on

Good luck

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn. Tried upgrading the UI Add on, but it needs other components update as well, which leads me run into R3trans & TP issue now

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Welly,

That's kind of the point - and why I sent you those notes.  To upgrade to the latest version you need to upgrade:

* Your SAP NetWeaver version for Gateway

* Your UI Add-On version on Gateway

* And then the minor release

This is not a small change... and may even have negative side effects on existing apps which need to be resolved. If you are using delivered Fiori apps, this may involve updating both the front end and backend installs associated with those apps as well.

This kind of upgrade is something you need to discuss with your IT management - not just handle as a basis administrator.

1.22 is a ***very*** old version now.

It would be worth going to the latest but you will need to do some planning.

Rgds,

Jocelyn 

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Welly,

How about using HCP: HANA Cloud Platform?. You do not need to worry about updating SAPUI5 library every 2-4 weeks. Good thing is that end users can access to apps without VPN.

Access path:

UI components are on HCP -> HANA Cloud Connector -> Your internal backend.

SAP Fiori, cloud edition is a good reference.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Welly,

Can you share the error message you are getting but clicking on that error message?

Suspecting it might be looking for any prerequisite version but not 100% sure.

But for the UI5 version above 1.28.21 requires atleast 1.28.21 prerequisite. Check below note for detailed steps.

2241967 - SAPUI5 upgrade to version 1.28.21

Hope this helps,

JC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Joseph, there was no error message, when I clicked, just a blank page.