Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in fiori app how the model and it's field blinding odata

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am new to sap fiori development, recently I create a application with temple in web IDE, but I was confuse how the data model blind the odata or json model.

In sap ui5, we can use this blinding to get the value of specific entity in odata.

But in fiori xml view we can see the data blinding like this, so how this "shipTo>/Name1" blind which field of which entity of my odata model or json model?

farther more, some value like this "{masterView>/title}", but title is either the field or entity, and it did return the number of row in one entity.

In addition, it have another way to blind the value, what's the different between "{buyerName}" and "{path: 'buyerName'}"

Thanks for your sincerely answer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Zongjie

suggest you try the Data Binding tutorial in the SAPUI5 SDK - it will help!

You can also find details of how to handle json vs xml odata models if you filter the sapui5 sdk documentation on binding

To point you in the right direction:

/ at the start of a binding indicates an absolute path to the data eg the direct path in your odata model

That's what you have been using so far

No slash indicates a relative binding eg perhaps the controller js has specified the start of the absolute path in your odata model under the name shipto

Relative paths are easier to work with when you have more complex odata model hierarchies

path is often used in calculated fields & formatters where extended syntax is needed to eg match multiple data elements to a single control

Good luck!

Jocelyn

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jocelyn,

Thanks for your help! I will try data binding in the SAPUI5 SDK and understand it's usage

Answers (0)