SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Handle Post dated cheque during Installment plan Creation in FICA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know how to Handle Post dated cheque during the IP Creation and how it notice us if due date reached.

Thanks,

Abbas

8 REPLIES 8

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Abbas:

There is no process for post dated checks in ISU.  That would be a manual workaround that you develop.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thanks for your reply,

Just give me a brief idea how to approach for Z-function and how it works what are the impacts.

My concerns if we took Post dated cheque with future date 30.03.16 Oky? how system/user knows its reaching exact date for sending to Bank? How to park until future date?

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

It all depends upon the business process of clearing the cheque. I hope the cheques are received in a system other than ISU (maybe FICO or the house bank). And, until the cheque is encashed you do not post to bank clearing GL.

So, as soon a customer provides a future dated cheque, you can setup an interface (file drop , xml etc.) to load the information in a Z table and create a user interface to display it.

Later, based on the encashment information (file drop, batch job, xml etc) you can process the records in the Ztable to post the cheque lot/credit document. So, that would inturn credit the bank clearing GL for cheque posting.

What I was more interested about is to how this is related to IP creation process. Could you please elaborate that?

Regards,

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa ji,

Thanks for your trying to help,

How do you treat Post Dated Cheques received from your Customer dated for 3 Different Months for an Installment Plan granted ?

I wanted to know how it is treated.

In the sense, whether you clear the open items when you receive the cheque or hold the cheque and post it on the date on the face of the cheque? How user knows in the system check details and all.

Can you treat it as a Down payment till the date it matures ? or what i have to do? Help me Please

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas.

You can explore the payment order concept here.

After creating the instalment plan, let's assume customer provides the future dated cheques to get cleared as and when realised.

So, in the first time when you receive 3 cheques for future dated, you identify the instalment plan debit documents and create payment order on them (FPY1 does that and you will have to enhance to let system identify cheque numbers against debit items).

That way you can prevent the debit items from getting cleared with anything else and from getting dunned.

You can maintain the cheque numbers somewhere at document level.

Whenever the payment is cleared and you receive notification (from house bank or your admisntrative financial system) you can create payment order lot (FP45) that would post the bank clearing GL accounts and clear the debit items that time.

Have a look in to the below links.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/8c/852c41eda5f423e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

In FICAX with Convergent Invoicing Ehp 7, there is a nice standard functionality to handle PDC.

Do you know if that will be made available for ISU environments?

Regards,

Cris.

0 Kudos

Cris:

I see that the Postdated check help exists  and is only available for FICAX.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Have you checked the following thread for your solution to map the Post dated Checks in FICA.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3168657

Thanks,

Amlan